“great place”
Review of Carpenters Arms

Carpenters Arms
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Pontypool
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Privately owned and run for the last 9 years. We buy all our ingredients as locally as possible. We make all of our dishes in house, including desserts!As well as great pub food, we also have a huge selection of fresh meats and fish.We can cater for parties up to 100 in our function room,(200 if you would like to book the whole pub)We have a civil marriage licence and have a great deal of wedding experience, and can help plan your perfect day. We tailor make each day to suit your needs and budget.We also cater and host all family functions such as birthdays, christenings and wakes.We'll always do our very best to help so please drop in or give us a call.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

have not been here for a few yrs, but popped in whilst out for a drive just as we rememered food was excellent staff very good, good choice on the menu, will go back very soon.

1  Thank Paul L

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a couple of times for a number of reasons - drinks, snacks, evening meals and Sunday lunch. The first thing that always strikes me is how helpful, friendly and cheerful the staff always are. I have always had really lovely meals, which are of generous proportions. I love that you don't get bog standard veg either, it's always something a bit different and varied. I definitely recommend a visit.

1  Thank Nattamp1976
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was a spur of the moment decision to have lunch at this hotel, actually in Coed-y Paen, just above the Llandegfedd reservoir above Pontypool. We were served promptly-even if we were slightly late-they did not make us feel it. We decided to go for lighter platters and my husband had a steak baguette to die for and I had the smoked salmon platter. It was served fairly quickly but beautifully presented and was quite a surprise, regarding its simplicity but excellent quality and we decided this restaurant was definitely going on our list. The décor is Old Welsh in the main but we were there to eat and it was fab.

1  Thank Eve J
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Visited here with friends for a Sunday lunch. I'm normally wary of pub Sunday lunches as they can be a bit formulaic and boring but this really was excellent. Roast lamb, new potatoes and roast potatoes with a generous helping of vegetables on the side. Followed by a pleasant hour in the beer garden.

Service is friendly and efficient. Seriously, go here, what's not to like?

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table here to celebrate my friends birthday, and again the meal was fabulous.
From the moment you enter the door, the staff, are so pleasant and friendly,And no sooner had our drinks been done we were shown to our table.
The service is very quick, and again the staff are a huge credit to you Matt as they are so on top of things, so efficient you should be proud of them.
The meal itself was lovely, my friends who are vegetarians were well catered for.
I had the sea bass which was delicious,everything was piping hot.
Chips as always were fab, and a dish of vegetables with four choices, something to suit everybody.
The sticky toffee pudding -mmmm!
Lovely.
I would recommend anybody to try the carpenters arms, keep up the good work, and well done to the staff.