“Average service and food”

Harvester Pontypool
Ranked #17 of 53 Restaurants in Pontypool
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It is next to a Premier Inn
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were seated straight away which was a first but we were lucky, five minutes later they were queuing through the bar. Waited nearly 20 minutes for our drink order to arrive, requested a highchair but was told there were none available as they were so busy. Waitress was very friendly and did her best even though she was rushed off her feet. Food was to standard. Waited ages for our bill. The whole atmosphere was so busy and stressed with people queuing everywhere we were relieved to leave. Would be a great place to eat if you were in a rush apart from the long wait for drinks and the bill. Standard typical chain.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I ate here while staying at the Premier Inn. there is no doubt that this meal is value for money...and extensive grill option, with unlimited free salad. The food is perfectly good and the salad bar excellent...but the choice for vegetarians is staggeringly poor.

Considering Harvester plays on the countryside, wholesome image it seems to really lack the wholefood content. Of a menu of over a dozen options, only two were vegetarian and one of those was simply a burger.

That said, the beer was excellent value for an out of town pub, the staff were all friendly and it was great value...if, of course, consuming animals is what you want to do.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Typical Bun Fight and too many grubby paws around the salad cart Yuk! Orders come out very hit or miss. Have been a few times but have now got fed up of just about warm food getting served to me so I would not go back. Used to pop in for a pint only now and then. But even that seating area has been claimed in order to sit more diners. You spoilt that part I'm sorry to inform you.

1  Thank me m
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Even though we were seated and served relatively quickly, the food was absolutely rock bottom. It probably ranks as the worst dining experience in my life. I ordered the boneless ribs with a side order of chips and corn on the cob. After examining the corn on the cob it was quickly revealed that it was rotten and had been left soaking in water for a long time. I imagine it was probably unsafe to eat. The boneless ribs were 100% fat and the presentation left a lot to be desired - they were unceremoniously dumped on my plate and resembled a brown, watery pile of entrails. The only edible part of my meal was the chips and describing them as 'edible' is pushing it somewhat.

Upon showing the rotten plate of food to the 'restaurent' manager she offered to give us 20% off our meal. After a heated conversation reviewing the topics of customer care and general food hygeine, the manager agreed to strike the meal off the bill (I normal restaurent would offer to scrap the entire bill). We left hungry and angry. DO NOT GO HERE I BEG YOU!!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

i always ask a steak or mix grill to be cooked medium rare it ether comes to me well done or medium but never want i ask for i have started asking for medium and it comes to me medium rare its bugging me bad room for inprovement i think personally staff good at times i asked for garlic bread as a extra never got it and had to paid for it anyway but since the menu has been changed with is more choice now i think is much better then b4 now so even know in 2012 they were poor now in 2013 there getting better so i think ill give them another chance i just hope nothing slips again