My wife and I stayed for just one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The welcome was good and the room was lovely. The bed was large, but a little too soft for my liking, although I did sleep pretty well. Plenty of tea and coffee in the room.
We had drinks in the bar (a little expensive at over £8.50 for a small glass of wine and a beer), and ate from the specials menu. The food was good and reasonably priced.
Breakfast was fine, but I agree with previous reviews that the breakfast room is a little stale.
Overall, a comfortable stay in a great old pub. Would definitely recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The famous Cott Inn in Dartington is one of the oldest thatched inns in Britain. It is reputed to have been built in the reign of Edward II (1307 to 1327) and has been an Inn / Pub since 1320. More information here.Situated in the village of Dartington near Totnes with beautiful countryside all around, The Cott Inn is a charming traditional family run pub. We are proud to serve excellent locally sourced seasonal food, fine wines and well kept ales, including daily fish specials and fabulous Sunday roast lunches. Perfect for romantic dinners and evenings out with friends, The Cott Inn is also a great venue for private parties with a separate dining room for up to 30 people. Come and enjoy the relaxed, friendly atmosphere, with cosy log fires in the winter months and a large, pretty garden and patio area in warmer weather. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Cott Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cott Hotel Dartington
- The Cott Inn Dartington, Devon - Totnes