We visited The Cott Inn for an evening meal with family, we weren't staying there, so can't comment on the rooms but if the rest of the place is anything to go by they should be great. We all had something different from the menu and were all very pleased with our choices. We chose from the main menu and a specials board. The staff are all really lovely , quite young and bubbly , nothing was to much trouble for them. It wasn't particularly cheap, but it was money well spent. The building itself has been used as an Inn/pub for 500 years and it is full of character, the newly renovated thatched roof is amazing. Good beer garden aswell. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The famous Cott Inn in Dartington is one of the oldest thatched inns in Britain. It is reputed to have been built in the reign of Edward II (1307 to 1327) and has been an Inn / Pub since 1320. More information here.Situated in the village of Dartington near Totnes with beautiful countryside all around, The Cott Inn is a charming traditional family run pub. We are proud to serve excellent locally sourced seasonal food, fine wines and well kept ales, including daily fish specials and fabulous Sunday roast lunches. Perfect for romantic dinners and evenings out with friends, The Cott Inn is also a great venue for private parties with a separate dining room for up to 30 people. Come and enjoy the relaxed, friendly atmosphere, with cosy log fires in the winter months and a large, pretty garden and patio area in warmer weather. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Cott Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cott Hotel Dartington
- The Cott Inn Dartington, Devon - Totnes