“Super Nights Stay”

Fieldways Hotel & Health Club
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Trowbridge
Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a lovely hotel..I have visited this hotel for 3 overnight stays and have never been disappointed. The reception staff are friendly and helpful, found that they couldn't do enough for you. The rooms were spacious, cosy and well furnished. The main building has a lot of charm and character. The treatments offered are brilliant and the beauticians were exceptional. The food was lovely with an excellent choice for dinner and breakfast. In the evening the bar was staffed by the loveliest young lady, who was a pleasure to chat with and showed us an old bar that was used years ago that we recalled from a visit years ago....above and beyond!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a fantastic weekend, despite the snow! The staff are extremely friendly, the massage was amazing and so relaxing as was the hand massage and manicure. The bedroom was huge, well worth the money! The only down side was the breakfast which was a little bit greasy but all the other food was lovely. This was our first visit but definately not our last!!!!!

Room Tip: The twin bedroom was huge!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank laura p
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed for one night in single rooms. It was freezing, they don't put the heating on at night at all, even though it was -2 degrees outside. The window was left open all day before we arrived so one room was especially cold. The reception is not staffed overnight so there was no one to complain to until the morning. They simply stated they do not put the heating on at night as policy. I didn't manage to sleep at all from the cold, the windows are not even double glazed so the draft comes through.
I have never written a comment on trip advisor before but thought I should warn you to save yourself £60 per room per night. I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't go, choose a different hotel
2  Thank Anne O
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just returned from an overnight stay , with four treatments. Myself & both daughters. I found the reception very good, treatments excellent, food really yummy. Very clean rooms, bedding etc. All the staff very helpful,and accomadating. It was my first visit, but I will definately be going again. Yes some areas need a tad updateing,but all was clean.What more could one ask for. Excellent value for money

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here during a friends wedding. Service and staff were great. The hotel sadly needs a lot of investment as it was run down and in need of maintenance. Such a shame as in a lovely location and the building is lovely and situated in lovely grounds.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My 3rd visit to Fieldways, this time with my grandaughter, her 1st hotel experience. We settled in to our rooms before the usual lunch of jacket potatoe, coleslaw, cheese and coronation chicken. Had a quick dip in the hot tub and tested the sauna, before rushing to our 1st treatments. The therapies offered are really relaxing and I couldn't wait for my 2nd Thai foot massage experience with Sarah. Lunch was at 12.00 noon and dinner at 6.30pm, we were grateful for the pack of 2 biscuits supplied with tea and coffee in our rooms for mid afternoon.

Although the main chicken dish lacked sauce/gravy, our 3-course evening meals overall were good, served by a young lady with a pleasant smile. The wine at £10 a bottle good value.

Even though the beds were comfy, both of us slept badly. My grandaughter awoke with a fright - was it a dream? whatever it was, it didn't want to go away and kept her awake for the rest of the night - from 4am onwards. A disturbing experience in room 2, although she would like to go to Fieldways again but in a different room or maybe share a twin room next time.

I agree with earlier reviews about the decor of the Hotel in need of some TLC. Oh, the towel is still mopping up the water at the side of the sauna!! (see August review), the floor near the jacuzzi is dirty and the cloakroom/toilet near the treatment rooms is not flushing properly.

The treatment times advertised did not always match the times taken to complete the treatment, therefore feeling a little cheated of 10 mins or so of chilling time!

Overall, Fieldways offer value for money, with pleasant staff and professional therapists - cheap and cheerful and chilling!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I booked the hotel hoping to use the health club facilities but an over-run at work meant I checked in late at 8.30pm to be told "The chef goes at 9" which sorted my evening agenda and put paid to any use of the health club!

The hotel itself is a fabulous building (wouldn't like to try and date it but felt like a traditional grand country retreat). I suspect that this is a small business / family run hotel and the struggle to maintain the upkeep of the building must be a never ending one for them. There was nothing wrong with the building at all but just felt long overdue some kind of face lift. My room was quite a hike from reception which was interesting but a touch aggravating carrying a large suitcase. I suspect that disabled customers may experience difficulties in reaching the furthest outposts of the hotel ....... lots of stairs and doors to negotiate, But I am sure that they can offer level access if requested at the time of booking

The evening meal was great, well cooked and promptly served in a lovely oak panelled dining room - perhaps the environment would appeal more to the traditionalists amongst us?

The room was OK - it was small and there was only a shower and no bath, and the TV was tiny I'm afraid. Basic but clean is a reasonable description and to be fair the room rate was favourable so I shouldn't complain. I've certainly stayed in a lot worse and paid a lot more

Overall I wish the owners success and the team there are clearly trying hard, but without a significant marketing plan or injection of cash I don't see much changing on the horizon for them

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rocknroller99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trowbridge
Widbrook Grange
#1 of 3 in Warminster
Alexandra House
Alexandra House
#1 of 1 in Wroughton

Been to Fieldways Hotel & Health Club? Share your experiences!