“Not No. 1 in Trowbridge in my eyes”
Review of BRUSCHETTA RISTORANTE ITALIANO - CLOSED

BRUSCHETTA RISTORANTE ITALIANO
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Opened in November 2011.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Tuesday evening 11 June 2013 visited Brushetta as result of top rating in Tripadvisor - ordered starters and mains (3 of the 4 ordered items had mozarella as a component) only for waitress to return saying they had no mozarella - an Italian restaurant with no mozarella is like a fish and chip shop saying they have no potatoes - reordered and I must say each dish was of mediocre quality - as an example I had veal Milanese - the veal was not freshly prepared it appeared to come from a packet, the accompanying sphagetti reminded me of Heinz's tinned version and the potatoes which appeared to be reheated roast potatoes were tasteless and very dry on the inside - all in all a big disappointment - didn't bother with dessert. The chef I believe comes from Sicily - as it happens I have just returned from holiday in Sicily where the quality and freshness of the food was excellent - a far cry from Brushetta. During my stay in the Trowbridge area I did not visit another local restaurant (we ate in Bath & Salisbury) - after all I had already eaten in the best restaurant in Trowbridge

TrowbridgeSiculo, Manager at BRUSCHETTA RISTORANTE ITALIANO, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear mr James,
thank you for your review. We apologise for not having any mozzarella that night. We always try not to run out of any ingredients so the dishes on the menu are always available. However our menu is quite big, and the mozzarella is very popular, so that night when you arrived the mozzarella was finished. Anyway we just want to say that nothing in our restaurant come pre-packed. The veal comes from a respectful butcher in Bristol, and our spaghetti are cooked in a proper Italian way. Our aim is to delivery fresh, healthy food cooked in a Italian style. We are against any sort of ready meals, tins and pre-packed food. You will never find it in our restaurant.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I decided to go here as it was our anniversary - and we had seen it was well regarded by comments in TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed! It started quiet as it was early evening but by the time our mains arrived there was quite a few in and the atmosphere had been lifted. We were looked after by a waiter and waitress, both italian. They did a great job throughout and helped to enhance the experience.
Both the starters and main courses we ordered were really tasty - my fillet steak was juicy and perfectly cooked. If there was one negative - it was that the mains were served on cold plates - other than that it was faultless. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

A rare 'couple' night out we made the most of it and booked a table for two at this little gem based on recommendations from friends. We weren't disappointed!

The starters we had were: Bruschetta Piemontese & Linguine Pescatore. Mains: Pollo con Pancetta e Porri & Cozze Mouniere. Dessert: Bonet di Cioccolato & Raspberry Sorbet all washed down with a lovely bottle of red and coffee to finish.

The service was wonderful & we were seated in a nice corner at the back of the restaurant. When we have the opportunity to dine as a couple again we will be certainly be returning here - if we can't wait then we'll be returning with the children of a lunchtime!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Last night, four of us went to the Sicilian wine tasting evening at Bruschetta, where we were treated to tastings of five wines that were matched with Giacomo's superb menu.

Thirty-six of us were treated to a selection of starters, a main course consisting of two dishes and a sweet plate with three tempting portions. (No calories in any of it, of course.)

After the meal, most of us retired to the seating area and continued the evening with more drinks (alcoholic or otherwise) while being suitably entertained by the "resident comedian" Marco between his frantic dashes with trays of drinks to occupied tables in the main restaurant. One party in the main restuarant were celebrating a birthday and there was a sudden and very loud rendering of "Happy Birthday" by the Bruschetta Choir.

What a fun place Bruschetta is when it really revs up - with spontaneous singing from the kitchen, happy voices calling to each other, corks popping, coffee maker fizzing - a real little bit of Italy in Trowbridge! Aren't we fortunate!

The food is wonderful - fresh and imaginative. The wines are excellent (try the new Sicilian reds they have just introduced!). The team is good-looking, efficient and friendly.

Another great evening that deserves sincere thanks to everyone at Bruschetta.

I have just read a negative report that has recently been published regarding a visit made in September last year. I am certain that if Mr C had been present last night, even he would have left the restaurant grinning from ear to ear!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Took friends for lunch expecting the Bruschetta to be as good as its predecessor in the same premises, 'Red & White'. Oh dear! The place was almost empty, yet the service was s-l-o-w. I can only presume there wasn't a chef in the kitchen either, because what came out of it was a disgrace. Despite the fact that the restaurant was named after it, they couldn't even get the bruschetta right - it was overcooked and tooth-chippingly hard. Every single pasta/risotto main course looked and tasted like a re-heat. The carbonara even had a skin on it. It was pointless complaining and in any case we were by then late for an appointment. Reading some of the other reviews later, I wondered if I'd been in the same restaurant. I won't be in it again.