“Very enjoyable lunch.”
Review of The Poplars

The Poplars
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Trowbridge
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Poplars is a family run country pub & restaurant, offering delicious home cooked food, a friendly atmosphere & great service. Situated in the lovely Wiltshire village of Wingfield between Trowbridge & Bath, whether you wish to enjoy a quiet drink in the bar or dine in one of 2 restaurants, you're always welcome.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We found The Poplars Inn on TripAdvisor and booked a table for 9 on Easter Saturday. Great beer, great service and most importantly great food. Fish and chips was served in paper (on a plate). Nicest fish I have had for a long time. Other people had curry of the day, ham egg and chips. Clean plates all round. Food was reasonably priced. I would definitely go here again. Only one tiny negative. We had a cappuccino which was not the best. The chocolate mint was a nice touch and helped to make up for it.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

A lovely family owned pub with excellent food. Best to book, but certainly if you want to go on a Saturday night or Bank Holiday.
If you are lucky, you'll get to watch cricket on the quirky pitch next to the pub (hit a six and you are out, is the rule!, I believe!)
Home cooked excellent food in a friendly atmosphere with reasonable prices. What more can you ask for.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went with friends at their suggestion as they are regulars and we found the meals to be excellent. I had lambs liver which was truely superb.

A nice kept pint of beer in very nice surroundings with a very pleasant host and staff

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Saturday here with my wife for her Birthday. Our Son had fish and chips wrapped in faux newspaper. I had the curry of the day, my wife had the filo pie veg. option from the specials board.
What did itv for me was that the dishes were well presented, ample potions and the plates were hot, a major must for me. I hate cold plates, so, well done The Poplars.
I had a super Passion fruit Cheesecake for pudding. It was to die for, nice and tart and complemented the curry very well indeed. A lovely atmosphere and welcome. The waitress was very pleasant and made sure evrything was to our liking. A definite must go again soon!! Well done!!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

recommended by a friend, had the fish and chips which amused my mum as they come wrapped in newsprint paper, it was her birthday and it gave her a real laugh, it was crowded but we were quite early so got a table no probs.
The dessert was to die for - toffee and banana tart - oh my - beautifully presented and wonderful to eat. will be back often, thank you!