“Just what we needed.”
Review of The Polebarn

The Polebarn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Trowbridge
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We recently travelled from the US to UK to charter a narrowboat and cruise the Kennet & Avon Canal. Since this was a bit of an unusual vacation, I knew we would need at least a night to allow our bodies to adjust to the time change, so we looked for a hotel close to the departure point (Hilperton). What good fortune to find the Polebarn. Our rooms were spacious, and the bathroom was modern and immaculate. We were warmly greeted upon our arrival and shown our rooms for a quick nap before we ventured out to explore the town and stocked some provisions for our cruise. The beds were very comfortable, and I can't think of a single thing that we needed that wasn't instantly attended to. Was it ultra-posh and overdecorated--no, but it was comfortable, clean, friendly and convenient. I'd recommen it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, let them know--there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mountainboater

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I needed to stay in Trowbridge for a couple of nights for a family function.

We needed some early breakfasts and needed to change some rooms around at the last moment bu the owners were totally flexible and just a pleasure to deal wi th.

Our room was lovely and felt very homely.

Everything about the hotel could teach some many of the chain hotels a lot about customer service and just ensuring that guests have a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Room was great with a big modern bathroom and excellent shower.
Only stayed one night but breakfast was good
The couple running the hotel are wry friendly and welcoming
Great vale for money.
I would recommend the polebarn hotel to anybody. :)

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at the polebarn Hotel in Trowbridge for one night and the hotel is lovely full of character. We stayed in room 8 which was hugh . We had a lovely double bed and our daughter had the pullout sofa bed which she thought was fantastic. THe decor was in keeping with the character of the hotel - lovely antique furniture !!
Natasha and Liam the hosts were charming and nothing was too much trouble - we had an amazing weekend and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
Trowbridge itself was very quaint and we would have liked to spend more time there to explore further

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

After our long trip from Vietnam and drive down from heathrow airport we received a really warm and friendly welcome from Natasha, it was to remain so right throughout our stay and in fact extended from all the staff.
The hotel has lots of old world charm and we felt at home there, the rooms are a little on the small side but very comfortable and the bathroom was fully modernised so all in all we were very happy.
As my daughter and son in law live in Trowbridge we will be visiting again and we will be more than happy to stay in the Polebarn, thankyou everyone for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David Allen G
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My original plan was to arrive in the morning, but flight delays caused me to arrive at 1:30 a.m. They greeted me warmly, simply gave me a key and told me all other checking-in could be done later. Felt just like being at our friends house.

My need was simply a place to sleep as my friend I was visiting lived nearby. This hotel fit the bill beautifully. The room was large enough for myself and my very tall friend, including the bath which was modern and roomy. It was clean and cozy, had a tea pot in the room, large stand up mirror, and they lent me a blow dryer so I didn't have to bring my own.

The breakfasts were yummy, Liam cooks up a mean omelet.

My ONLY negative was climbing to the 3rd floor. From the breakfast area, it's 48 steps to my floor. With bags, it can be daunting for some. Without bags, a needed exercise.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, for the money, it is a great value.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the climb, the third floor has a great breeze at night. Any walking problems a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Nice hotel in old Georgian building. The owners are currently renovating the rooms to make them look modern but in keeping with the building's age. We stayed in a group and some of the rooms were a little small, but they were all cosy and comfortable.

Hotel convenient and cheaper than staying in Bath city centre (but you do need to bear in mind the £6-7 return train ticket). It has onsite parking.

The breakfast was lovely and the staff couldn't do enough for us. I'd definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Room size varies, so ask when booking. Rooms on one side have a view of one of the Wiltshire chalk...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trowbridge
Fieldways Hotel & Health Club
#5 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Travelodge Warminster
Travelodge Warminster
#2 of 3 in Warminster

Been to The Polebarn? Share your experiences!