My original plan was to arrive in the morning, but flight delays caused me to arrive at 1:30 a.m. They greeted me warmly, simply gave me a key and told me all other checking-in could be done later. Felt just like being at our friends house.
My need was simply a place to sleep as my friend I was visiting lived nearby. This hotel fit the bill beautifully. The room was large enough for myself and my very tall friend, including the bath which was modern and roomy. It was clean and cozy, had a tea pot in the room, large stand up mirror, and they lent me a blow dryer so I didn't have to bring my own.
The breakfasts were yummy, Liam cooks up a mean omelet.
My ONLY negative was climbing to the 3rd floor. From the breakfast area, it's 48 steps to my floor. With bags, it can be daunting for some. Without bags, a needed exercise.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, for the money, it is a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning historic Georgian Town House Hotel in the heart of Trowbridge. Owned and run by two generations of the same family. Modern facilities in a grand setting. Fabulous breakfast cooked to order each morning. Serving delicious evening meals in our Cellar bar and restaurant Mon-Thu evenings, room service also available during these times. Our cellar is available for hire for parties, weddings and events. Weekday hire available for meetings, seminars, training and creative thinking! Please see our website or contact us directly for best rates and availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The Polebarn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polebarn Hotel Trowbridge
- The Polebarn Trowbridge, England