“amazing”

Ranked #2 of 8 Marazion B&B and Inns
uk
“amazing”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

great stay, amazing room with balcony. friendly staff and superb food. 10/10 guys. see you in july for the summer. JR.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
sianmanager, Duty Manager at Godolphin Arms, responded to this review, March 20, 2010
We are glad that you enjoyed yourself here at The Godolphin Arms and hope to see you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
sikorsky61n
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I am employed in the civil helicopter business and in the course of my business stay in hotels all over the world. I recently stayed in an outstanding hotel in Plymouth for six month and enjoyed my stay there but much prefer the experience of my month long stay in he Gadolphin Arms where I have seen nothing but excellent service, clean and well maintained rooms and good meals.
The staff are among the best I have come across and I feel that the Vegan person who gave such a negative review is sadly mistaken and over-reacting to staff trying to conain a difficult situation.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
surrey
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I stayed for a week over tha half term with my wife and two children.We had not stayed at the gogolphin arms before and were pleasently surprised when we arrived.The family room had fantastic sea views with a private balcony,the decor was top class.Breakfast was continental plus a good choice of cooked food all included in the room price!
On friday night there was live music in the downstairs"gig bar"which we thoroughly enjoyed.We ate several times in the top bar area and were very happy with the quality and prices of the bar menu.My wife had the scallops with coconut and chilli which were amazing!!
On sunday we all had a carvery lunch.This is the best i have ever had with a huge choice of vegetables and 2 meats.The children had smaller portions which left them room for icecream!
I can recommend this vibrant inn to anyone with its stunning position and its great facilities..

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Plymouth
Reviewed March 3, 2010

last minute decision to go on the train from Plymouth to meet up with friends in beautiful Marazion. Great room - waves lapping at the wall beneath my window - comfy 6' bed, sky T.V. , Free internet access in bedroom made life so much easier, and when my computer had a blip the receptionist let me use hers! Entertainment was good too - live band on the Friday, rugby on a big screen Saturday, and a quiz on Sunday. plenty to do in marazion - nice mix of pubs, galleries/shops , and a walk to St. Michael's Mount at low tide was fantastic. Good breakfast with plenty of variety, helpful staff, nothing too much trouble. Recomend the sunday Carvery - good value as you can return for more. I will be back as soon as i have another spare weekend.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Penzance
Reviewed March 2, 2010

As a birthday treat I decided to take my girlfriend for a weekend break...I booked at the last minute, and right from the word go the staff couldn't do enough to help. We arrived and were shown to our room....which probably has the best view I have ever seen looking out across to St. Michael's Mount and Lizard Point, the room was spacious and clean and the bed was comfy. On our first night we went down for a meal, the menu catered for everyones taste, from fish and chips to fresh fillets of seabass, all of which were very reasonably priced. All of the staff were all very friendly and made us feel really very welcome.
We both will definitely be returning and just wish we had discovered this place sooner!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sjtaylor
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We (my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Toby and I) received a very warm welcome when we arrived. We were shown to our room which was very tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. We walked out of the door straight onto one of the best beaches in the area. We enjoyed great bar food with fantastic views of Mounts Bay and St Michaels Mount. Toby was made to feel very welcome and could even join me in the bar area for dinner and breakfast (the breakfast being exceptional)

Toby and I enjoyed further hospitality whilst watching the Manchester United match in the Gig bar. I enjoyed, hand pulled Cornish Tribute (the best I have ever tasted) whilst Toby munched away on complimentary doggie treats from the very friendly bar staff.

A thoroughly enjoyable, dog friendly place to stay. I would highly recommend it.

Enjoy !
Jeremy (and Toby), Cheshire

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Highland Sassenach
Reviewed December 26, 2009

First impressions, the hotel looked pleasant enough from the outside, and the interior was clean bland and totally unmemorable.
we waited at reception for about 10 minutes being totally ignored as the staff conducted an arguement amongst themselves, it wasnt until we made to leave that one of them decided it might be worth their while seeing if they could help.
The room we stayed in for 1 night was clean comfortable and pleasant enough, although the bathroom was a disappointment having a weak shower and a shallow bath.
The bar / restaurant was totally devoid of character and gave the vague impression of one of thouse out of town retail experiance food chains such as TGI Friday, which was a pitty given the regency style of the hotel structure itself.
The food was the very best (?) that 3663 food service or some such par cooked food supplier could churn out - standard fayre such as fish and chips, scampi and chips, chicken and chips...&etc all brighly coloured and bursting with addatives and preservatives.
Suspecting that the dining experience would not delight we tried to find somewhere else to eat, but with the only other hotel proudly offering identical fayre, the pub having its kitchens refurbished and the restaurant suffering under the misapprehension that pretentious sounding dishes coupled with swiss family Robinson decor, make an enticing venue; We admitted defeat and conceeded that it was after all only "fuel" we returned to the hotel to partake of a meal which exactly met our expectations.
Given the hotels location (overlooking St Michael's Mount) appearance and potential this was a sorry, though all too familure, inditement on what people in the hospitality industry feel they can get away with.
It wasnt expensive , but it was along way off being value for money or somewhere we would stay or eat at again unless we really didnt have any other option.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Catious
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marazion
Marazion Hotel
#3 of 4 in Penzance
Tregenna Castle Resort
Tregenna Castle Resort
#10 of 21 in St Ives

Been to Godolphin Arms? Share your experiences!