“Fantastic!”

and 1 more site!
Godolphin Arms
Ranked #2 of 8 Marazion B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the Godolphin hotel for one night. On arrival we were impressed at the service that was provided by the man at reception. We were shown where the carpark was and he helped carry our bags to our room. The room was a very nice size and very clean! Bathroom was big also!
The carvery we had for dinner that evening was yummy and the staff were very helpful, staff member had noticed the Yorkshire puddings had ran out so brought a plate of some other for us! :)
Breakfast was lovely in the morning too! Staff were all very friendly and polite, we really had a fantastic stay and didn't want to leave. A lot of the staff wished my partner a happy birthday which was nice of them.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kirsty002

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed in, very clean with thoughtful touches such as iPod dock and leaflet pack for holidaymakers. Staff very friendly and helpful and cooked breakfast very nice with beautiful views. Only downside for me was no covers over the fruit or pastries at breakfast as there were a few wasps lurking around there. Previous reviews have complained about the smell but that is just the smell of marazion :) would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a party of two rooms, rooms 10 and 1. I was in room 1 with my two children (on z-beds), my sister and her husband in room 10. Both rooms very nice and pleasant, fantastic views and lovely and clean. They even provided the children with fishing nets and buckets.
Unfortunately the journey to room 1 was not a pleasant experience at all, the smell of old wet dog that had come off the beach and ingrained it's self into the hall carpet (that looked as if it had been laid 20 years earlier).
We all ran to our room holding our noses, the smell was so bad it even made the children gag..and they're not normally fussy.
Sadly, and this is not the hotels fault, the local water company emptied the sewage into the sea right next to the hotel about three times a day, leaving a very smelly scum floating on the sea. I did not let the children in the sea!
The positives are that the staff are wonderful, the views are breath taking and the rooms are very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tina W
angelacollyns, Guest Relations Manager at Godolphin Arms, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

I would like to apologise that your stay was ruined with us by unpleasant smells. The staircase leading down to rooms 1, unfortunately, also takes all the traffic in and out of our kitchen serving the outside terrace. Believe it or not, the carpet was replaced in July and is due to be replaced again this Saturday as we cannot keep it to the standard necessary. This problem will be addressed by our refurbishment in November when the access to room 1 will be remodelled. I suspect the smell was of seaweed which when the tide does not take it back out lies on the beach and stagnates. This smell is a constant problem and is the downside to our fantastic position on the beach. I note your comments regarding the wonderful staff, rooms and views and hope you will return.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have just spent a night at this hotel and feel very strongly that it is overpriced for what they offer. On arriving I could not find the car park (having received no directions) so had to park on double yellow lines outside so I could go in and ask. I rang the bell at reception five times before someone appeared. I can't complain about their service at this point as they were very pleasant and helpful. I was then shown to my room which was on the ground floor. I have to say that the access to the room was appalling - the carpets were filthy and there was an overall smell of something not nice. I felt like I was going into the bowels of somewhere quite unpleasant, it was all very shoddy and uncared for and if I owned the hotel I would have been embarrassed to show guests who are expected to spend £170 for the room through an area this dilapidated.

The room itself was quite pleasant, a good size and with lovely views of St Michaels Mount, but nothing out of the ordinary. I have stayed in other hotels that are equally good if not better and charged a lot less.

Come the morning I was woken at 7am by what can only be described as the sound of a herd of elephants moving around above me. It was obviously the staff preparing for breakfast - but my gosh they must have been wearing hob-nailed boots. A little more consideration wouldn't have gone amiss.

St Aubyn Estates should look very closely at this as I shall not return there!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
angelacollyns, Guest Relations Manager at Godolphin Arms, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

I am really sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We understand your comments regarding the access to the room and the noise levels. However we are due to close for a major refurbishment in November which will resolve these problems. The room you stayed in is our most popular room and most people describe it as spectacular. I am sorry it did not meet your expectations and again we will look at making chances to upgrading the room when we shut in November. I would like to apologies again and I would like to think you will pay us another visit after our refurbishment.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My partner and I have just spend the last night of our holiday in room 5 (fantastic balcony overlooking the mount,) and cannot recommend this hotel enough.
VERY dog friendly - Doggie biscuits and towel on arrival and a sausage bought to her for breakfast - she was in heaven! Not that you'd be able to tell that the room allowed dogs, as the cleanliness was first class.
The staff were excellent (especially Geoffrey the manager,) as was the breakfast and the location superb. Fine detail was put into making your stay feel special.
Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheryl t
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I have just spent 2 nights at the Godolphin - Room 6. Fantastic views with a large balcony over-looking St Michaels Mount. We spent several hours just sitting on the balcony taking in the view. All the staff are so attentive, helpful and very keen to make your stay memorable. So much attention to detail,e.g. Pura coffee machine with fresh milk each day in the fridge, free wifi, allocated car space in busy car park next to hotel, fishing nets for the kids (we didn't use these - but nice touch !!). Only wish we had stayed longer. Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed for two nights. A wonderful welcome at reception and help with our heavy cases from the car park to our rooms. Our room was enormous with two windows - one overlooking The Mount and one with a view of the Lizard. Vast comfy bed, coffee machine, fresh milk, ironing board and iron. Super bathroom with great shower. Bad points: some of the furniture was a little knocked about and there was the most disgusting smell pervading the room. We were assured by staff that this was the smell of the seaweed, but it smelled like sewage to me (having briefly worked in the offices of a sewage treatment works the aroma seemed very familiar!). What really let the place down were the bar, restaurant and public rooms - ugh! Total lack of ambiance, smelly corridors, stained carpets and seats, curtains falling down, mediocre food, waitress with a bandaged hand who left us to lay our own places and slimy watercress. Breakfast was quite nice and the head waiter was very professional, but it would be good if the window tables were reserved for residents. We dined over the road on our second evening at the Marazion Hotel - lovely! This was the most expensive hotel we stayed at on our mini-tour of Cornwall and the worst value for money, which was disappointing.

Room Tip: Avoid room 10 when the weather is hot - it stinks!