We had a party of two rooms, rooms 10 and 1. I was in room 1 with my two children (on z-beds), my sister and her husband in room 10. Both rooms very nice and pleasant, fantastic views and lovely and clean. They even provided the children with fishing nets and buckets.
Unfortunately the journey to room 1 was not a pleasant experience at all, the smell of old wet dog that had come off the beach and ingrained it's self into the hall carpet (that looked as if it had been laid 20 years earlier).
We all ran to our room holding our noses, the smell was so bad it even made the children gag..and they're not normally fussy.
Sadly, and this is not the hotels fault, the local water company emptied the sewage into the sea right next to the hotel about three times a day, leaving a very smelly scum floating on the sea. I did not let the children in the sea!
The positives are that the staff are wonderful, the views are breath taking and the rooms are very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Godolphin Arms is on the water’s edge of Mount’s Bay along a two mile stretch of beach in the historic market town of Marazion, West Cornwall. It overlooks the beautiful St Michael’s Mount, with one of the most magnificent beachside views in the country.Following a major renovation inside and out, the Godolphin Arms has recently reopened its doors unveiling a warm and welcoming beachside inn – a place to eat, drink or stay and explore the unspoilt beauty of the South West coast.Our stunning coastal location has inspired the design, bringing the natural beauty of the beach outside in with relaxed, mellow living spaces and a stunning centrepiece - a two storey light-bathed glass and zinc dining area opening out onto a balcony upstairs and a terrace downstairs. Walk straight in off the beach to our colourful and chilled-out beach bar, linger on the beachside terrace with friends or relax and unwind on the comfy sofas and chairs by the woodburner. Eating at the Godolphin Arms is a relaxed and informal affair and we offer an all-day menu to be enjoyed whatever the occasion or mood. Our food philosophy is simple; we want to provide freshly cooked food that tastes delicious, is beautifully presented and showcases the quality and seasonality of local Cornish produce.Whether you choose to eat, drink or stay in one of our ten en-suite bedrooms, the team will be delighted to welcome you and will do all they can to ensure your stay with us is both memorable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Godolphin Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Godolphin Arms Hotel Marazion
- Godolphin Arms Marazion, Cornwall