“I know where to come next time.”
Review of Chymorvah Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marazion
Chymorvah Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marazion
Taunton, United Kingdom
“I know where to come next time.”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

A place I have stayed at on many occasions, and will continue to,WHY? Simple,- satisfaction guaranteed,- polite/friendly, no fuss manner, clean tidy & comfortable rooms and a wide choice, perfectly cooked braekfast.
If I,m planning to come to this area to stay a while, top of my choice list would be
CHYMORVAH HOUSE.
Pierre.(Pete Brown)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
12 Thank pierre37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
dorset
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We had booked this place for 3 nights, however we only stayed 1 night, and that was too much. I was told the room we booked, a double, face St Micheals Mount, it didn't, when I questioned I was told" you wanted a double, that room was a twin ",. The standard of the room was VERY poor, torn net curtains, a filthy nail brush in the very old fashioned bathroom, loaded with junk, yes tha'ts right JUNK. I think this place was once a JUNK shop and they have tried to develop a HOTEL !!!!!! around it.. The decor or the room was dreadful, full of junk no place to really unpack, not that we had any intention of doing so !!. Also loads of religious notes and booklets, I dont have a problem with religion, but I dont wish it to be in my fave whilst away on holiday.
Breakfast !!! We were awoken by the SMELL of cooking. When we went down for breakfast we were questioned why we didn't order the night before, we told them we didn't know what we wanted then,. When we only ordered coffee and toast, it was almost 20 questions, followed by you are on holiday !!.
I could go on and on . I feel I have said enough for fellow travellers to be guided AWAY from this hotel, forever.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
95 Thank mrandmrsDorset
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Clean quiet and comfortable. for my wife and I it ticked all the right boxes on our weekend without the kids. Being used to staying on business trips in hotels that do not live upto their billing, this place was a breath of fresh air.
The rooms were spotless and functional. meals good home cooking.
No hesitation in recommending to couples or families; will probably come back next year with the kids. Mike from Doncaster

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
11 Thank 1canary1
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2011

combined a family holiday with visiting relatives. Staff were warm and welcoming. It made a change to find such a family friendly hotel.
Rooms wer spotless and functional.
Meals very flexible and of good quality.
Highly recommendable for families and couples.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank loveyou234
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Charming hotel, lovely owners, gorgeous part of the world. Highly recommended. I've subsequently read owners have been pilloried for their moral standards. If anything, this should serve as a recommendation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
11 Thank hugobear91
Braunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2010

The welcome was hardly warm and that set the tone for the time we were there. Decoration is tired and well out of date in the public rooms as well as in the bedroom and ensuite. Grout needed renewing in the shower and as for pictures of the Andrex puppy - that was weird! And I have never before seen a nailbrush with a hotel name sticker on it! I appreciate that the owners obviously have firm religious views but I think religious tracts and prayers left in the ensuite is taking it a bit far. We wandered the gardens which again must have been wonderful once but now look sad and decrepit. Even the chickens had poor lodgings with just mud and little left to scratch at in their pen. The steps to the beach felt precarious. We ate out. Breakfast time is listed as 8 - 9am - we had not appreciated that that meant in at 8 out by 9 for the cooked breakfast we were given - with no choice ( thankfully we are not vegetarians or fussy eaters) at 8.40am had obviously been sat about since 8am. It was tepid, swimming in fat and with poor quality ingriedients. Again no choice about toast - cannot remember the last time I ate white bread! Grim. It was a world away from the place we had stayed the night before - which was clean, bright, and warm with plenty of choice. It did not have the location of Chymorvah but it had a whole lot more.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
93 Thank Dowager
Grimsby
Reviewed June 17, 2009

As ever, a very pleasant stop at Chymorvah - the owners are always hospitable and friendly. We will certainly be back.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank ajgadd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marazion
Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant
#2 of 4 in Penzance
The Gannet Inn
The Gannet Inn
#2 of 4 in Carbis Bay

Been to Chymorvah Hotel? Share your experiences!