“UNDER Seasoned, UNDER Cooked! Should Be UNDER New Management”

Philps Famous Pasties
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Marazion
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My third awful Pasty from the Marazion branch of Philps and the LAST. I have had the best Pasties ever from the Hayle Foundry branch (also a few bad ones), but never consistently bad. Under seasoned, undercooked and not much meat either.

Staff can be bit unfriendly too in this small, 'back-in-time' bakery. So come on you Philp brothers make consistently great Oggies again, like you use to 40 years ago when I was a kid. At this rate I would opt for a Ginsters pasty, so perhaps mass production is one step too far!

1  Thank bigwaverider9

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have never had a pasty from here before and popped in on a recent stay in Marazion. Well, what can I say,absolutely the best Pasty I have ever tasted. We had 4 while on holiday, took 6 home with us and ordered a hamper pack from them when we got home, they really are yummy. Best thing about them is they have plenty of filling inside and its not all pastry. We were greeted cheerfully each visit, and cant wait to go back there again!!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Always one of our first stops when we get to Cornwall. We're not on holiday till we had a proper good past!. Excellent, well worth a try.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Philips pastys are always well cooked , and tasty!!
I have tomsaynthatnI have always found the staff, helpful, friendly and chatty.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were recommended these by a local bakery who had run out of their own ! The steak pasty, standard size is large, well filled and delicious. Well worth the 8 mile detour to find them.