“Excellent pasties and always a must stop”

Philps Famous Pasties
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Marazion
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Excellent pasties and always a must stop”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Have eaten pasties from this shop for may years and have never been disappointed once with what I have bought. My only disappointment is that I have never been able to get what I wanted because they have sold out. This I feel is due to popularity where demand outstrips supply so I try and get there early. Large traditional are the best I have tasted for a very long time.

Visited November 2013

York, United Kingdom
“Looking forward, a little disappointed”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Looking forward to a pasty as I had one at Senna in a cafe and it was jolly good. But o' this one well not so good, mores the pity that I persuaded my wife to have one and she din't like it.
First time I reported on a pasty.

Nelson, New Zealand
“Oh dear......”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My dad used to make Cornish pasties and I was expecting something like his: full of delicious vegetables, chopped tasty meat, great flavour. Philps had been recommended by our tour guide so we were full of anticipation. From memory we chose the standard steak pasties, but regardless all three of us were bitterly disappointed I'm sorry to say: the filling was very, very salty which overcame any flavour the vegetables and meat may have had, though I doubt it was pleasant. The one positive was the pastry which was light and tasted fine. Two of us could only eat half a pasty, my husband ate all of his because he was hungry but says he wouldn't bother with another one. It was a pleasure to get back to New Zealand and a good old steak and cheese pie - fans of Cornish pasties need to try them if they want a tasty feast, don't bother with Philps pasties. It takes alot for me to give a negative review but please Philps, lift your game (and a bit more enthusiasm from the staff wouldn't go amiss either).

Desborough, United Kingdom
“Great Pasties, particularly the Cheese and Veg!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Whenever I visit my Aunt in Penzance I am on the look out for the best Pasty. Philps' are very good and you shouldn't be disappointed, but I'm sure someone somewhere must make a better one.
The hunt goes on!

“Yum yum yum”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Never been to philps in marizion but have had pasties and cream teas from the main factory shop in hayle and all I can say is OMG their the best won't eat any other pasty