“Average cafe at an exceptional location.”
Review of Chapel Rock Cafe

Chapel Rock Cafe
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Marazion
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Sadly this was a most unwelcoming cafe at a really beautiful area of Cornwall. I was desperate for a coffee and so stopped for a cappuccino. It was coated in a thick layer of chocolate, so as to mask the poor quality of the espresso I should think though it failed in it's attempt. The staff were grumpy with a serious allergy to smiling. It was mostly empty, except for a couple sitting near me who had been waiting to be served before I came in and had been forgotten. The view, however, was amazing, but I would wait untill I got to the mount for quality service and good food next time.

chapelrock99, Owner at Chapel Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to review our cafe - and even posting a photo! I have noticed that you have done this in several other cafes. I am very sorry that the cappuccino, in your opinion, was not to your standard, it does seem a little excessive on the chocolate side - especially if your dieting!! I can assure you this is not our normal style. As for the "poor quality" opinion, our coffee is locally roasted and we have been told by Italians, Kiwis and Australians (who also know and enjoy good coffee) that we do the best coffee they have had since leaving home ! Yes the Mount is an amazing place to visit and so also are the beaches plus other shops and cafes here in Marazion.
If you are still in the area please pop in and introduce yourself and have a proper chapel rock cappuccino and maybe you will have some food this time !!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Me & my family had driven through Marazion on another day & having been to St Michaels Mount last year & not visiting the village thought would see what it was like. A good move as we found the Chapel Rock Cafe where they serve a decent lunch in a relaxed atmosphere. Ideal for after or before going up St Michaels Mount or if just visiting Marazion

Hello Neil thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of our cafe, We are so happy you enjoyed your lunch with us and also that you took the time to explore Marazion town before heading over to the stunning Mount, It sounds like a great day !
We Look forward to serving you and your family again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I call in here every time I am down and love the fresh food and the fact this is so accessible. The actual building itself is superb with great views if you sit upstairs. It was very busy today but the staff were helpful and the service was quick. An excellent crab sandwich! Would always recommend!

Thank you Judi for your kind review, It means alot to us when our customers let us know we are doing things consistently right.
We Look forward to serving you again when you next visit this beautiful coast.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We ate the seafood pizza and carrot and coriander soup for a quick lunch after a visit to the island. The food was lovely and fresh and served quickly despite how busy the restaurant was. We'd go again.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We used the Chapel Rock for ice cream and coffee and cake previously but have had lovely crab sandwiches kids dishes and pizza etc. Great staff who are more than happy to serve this cannot be said for other Marazion eateries with have been to this week. Great views from up-stairs and they are dog friendly. Highly recommended.

Hello Deb and Jeff, we thank you very much for your kind review and for taking the time to write one. I am so happy that we ticked all the boxes for you and your family, the staff work hard and it is great when we get positive feed back.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.