“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visited here whilst on holiday, great location with views of St Michaels Mount. Disappointed with the food we had for lunch. Crab sandwich came on big thick slices of bread (no butter!) and a few leaves - this is not a salad! Children's sandwich boxes were nothing special and overpriced with only one small sandwich, hula hoops, a small orange and a carton of juice - all for £3.50.
Our total bill for 2 adults and 2 children was over £35 which is expensive for lunch.

I wouldn't go back here if we were in the area again.

• Visited July 2013
chapelrock99, Owner at Chapel Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our cafe, we are very sad that you had a disappointing time.

I think you may have been confused. We have two separate crab dishes on our menu, one is a crab sandwich and the other is a crab salad, both are priced differently. The crab sandwich comes on granary bread (as is traditional for crab) and is buttered there is a small garnish and a wedge of lemon. The salad is a large bowl of mixed salad and crab meat. As it was the sandwich that you ordered you would not have received a salad just a garnish.

We feel that our kids boxes are very good value for money. They are meant for the younger child and the sandwiches are made using the same quality ham and cheese that we use for our main menu dishes. We have children of our own and would find it very hard to find a restaurant (other than MacDonalds) that would provide a childs lunch box for less than this.
The prices are clearly stated in our outside/ inside menu and inside on the boards and crab is a premium product to have, if you can find it cheaper then it may pay to ask if it was frozen, we are supplied fresh picked crab every day.
If you are still in the area please pop in, we always strive to do better and can always cater for the bespoke customer.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Not bad, but not great either”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went in here for lunch last week after visiting St Michael's Mount. The kids ordered pizzas between them which were fine and my partner's burger was fine but my chilli beef nachos were disappointing - I was expecting chilli con carne with nachos but the beef that came with it was dry mince with no tomato/chilli sauce at all!! Absolutely bone dry! Then my girls (who had already drunk their paid for drink) asked for a glass of tap water each to be told by one of the staff that they don't do tap water! Clearly expected us to buy bottled water. However, one of the other staff overheard and got the girls a glass of tap water each.

Then when I went to pay for our food, I wasn't asked whether everything had been OK and felt that the girl who took the money couldn't care less whether we had enjoyed our lunch or not.

Will probably not be returning - plenty of other places to eat in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our cafe, we encourage all constructive criticism which can help us to improve and want people to come to our beautiful area. It looks like a mis-understanding has occurred regarding the tap water, it has always been our policy to serve tap water when requested, we even let non customers use our toilets as the public ones have been closed by the wisdom of the council.

The chilli nachos is a Mexican dish which is one of our favourite dishes, it is prepared in a spiced tomato salsa sauce and is most definitely not "bone dry". It is a shame you didn't voice your concern on the day as I would have dealt with this personally, to avoid this damage to a hard fought reputation.
“Uhmmm...”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The place is really nice. Wonderful view on the mount and sea, staff is kind but a little bit more attention to details should be nice (I asked for water without ice and they brought it with ice...). Food was ok, average but to much black pepper. I think with a little more effort this place could become really lovely indeed, keep working!

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our cafe, I am really upset to see you had ice in your water after you asked there not to be, we work very hard on our staff training and this has been addressed. I would be very grateful if you could email me to let me know what dish you had that was too peppery for your taste and in your opinion only average so we can investigate. We are always looking at ways to improve.

Hope to hear from you soon so that we can make improvements and encourage you to come back another time.
United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Called in late afternoon for tea and cakes and we were really impressed. The cakes were delicious and there was a lot of choice which isn't always the case late in the day at a popular place. The staff were very helpful, efficient and friendly and made us feel welcome. Can recommend their carrot cake and ginger cake, we will go back when we get the chance.

• Visited August 2013
Hello Sandie,thankyou very much for taking the time to review our cafe, on behalf of myself and the staff thankyou for the review the staff work hard and I know they appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.
“Lovely early evening bite to eat”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went today after being on the beach. Just wanted an early evening bite.
My husband, 4yr old and I shared pizza and chilli nachos, followed by scrummy cake and latte. Very pleasant, warm and welcoming.

• Visited August 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review, we are so glad you had great time here, the evenings here in Marazion can be so special with the beach & sunsets etc. It is always great when we get positive feedback.
Hope to see you again in the future.