Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Marazion Hotel(Marazion)
$160
$203
$188
$110
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$174
Agoda.com
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
$93
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$348
$315
Tregenna Castle Resort(St Ives)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdinner menulovely hotelfantastic foodstunning viewslounge areaon arrivalbalcony roomeggs benedictscallopsour night staybirthday treatvery pleasant staylong weekendattention to detailfeel welcomeexcellent breakfastnothing is too much trouble
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband wanted to get a hotel with a view so we booked a superior room with a balcony and a view of St. Michael's Mount. Our room was spacious, clean and the bathroom modern. The welcome was lovely and the service throughout our 3 night stay was excellent. The views were amazing!

As a bonus the food was amazingly good. The chef is Lee Groves and his food is almost Michelin Star standard. We ordered a lobster for our second night and it was fresh,delicious and cooked perfectly.

There are plenty of parking spaces and the main roads are very quickly accessible, but we left the car and walked into Marazion and onto St. Michael's Mount and back. What a place, the gardens on the island are wonderful.

Mount Haven is modern but delightfully quirky. We enjoyed a fabulous stay and would go back in a heartbeat. Do try it.

Room Tip: Choose a superior sea view room with balcony if possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as we have done for the last few years. This is a unique hotel and Orange and Mike that run this make you feel relaxed from the moment you arrive. Do not be put off from the look of the hotel externally, the rooms and views are fabulous, spotlessly clean and relaxing.
The public areas are designed to make you relaxed and if the weather is fine having a pre dinner drink on the terrace is just perfect.
The restaurant has been refurbished and although does not benefit from the view has a good feel about it.
The only slight reason we did not give 5 stars this year was that the chef has changed and we felt the food could have had more seasoning.
If you find yourself in this part of the world you will not find a better individual hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It would be very easy to disregard this hotel from its outside appearance, because the exterior is nothing special to look at, particularly from the roadside.
But if you did you would be making a very big mistake. Once inside the surroundings, views and setting are second to none.
The staff are all very pleasant, the hotel interior and rooms are spotlessly clean and the food is excellent.
If you are looking to stay in a hotel in this area you’ll not find a better one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dave W
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Having visited Mount Haven for coffee on a couple of occasions, I have always wanted to stay and last week I was lucky enough to do so for two nights. I needed to 'recharge my batteries' and took the plunge to go on my own! (Quite a feat if you knew me!) I need not have worried! The lady on reception was most welcoming and showed me to my room. The room was light and airy, beautifully decorated, very comfortable with a generous selection of refreshments. After 'settling-in' the same lady took me through for coffee and I was made very welcome by Mike and his colleague; who upon learning that I might want to go walking, said they could recommend some local walks to me. I had dinner in the restaurant on both evenings and the first evening I had a table in the window. The staff were very attentive, friendly and helpful. At no point did I feel conspicuous or uncomfortable. In fact, the first morning when I went for breakfast I had a choice of tables and the gentleman from behind the bar the previous afternoon very kindly brought me a newspaper which was very thoughtful. My bed was extremely comfortable and cosy and I slept very well. My shower was excellent and the toiletries plentiful. Whilst I had no instructions with my tv, (which would not have helped because I can't follow them!), I fiddled around with the remotes and resorted to the good old 'switch off and on again' technique which worked like a charm. (I know I could have easily asked reception for help but it was a bit of a personal challenge!) Even so, I didn't watch tv after that as I was either reading, resting or out and about. I always felt at ease at Mount Haven, even though I was on my own and have already recommended it to a friend who said she would like some time-out on her own. What else can I say that has not already been said in the other reports? Mike and Orange are not like other business people I know. Yes they are in business, but their 'business' is that you have the type of holiday experience you want and it definitely shows. Mount Haven is a very special place and I can't wait for the chance to return. Thank you! It was a real tonic!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here recently for two nights. As a single occupancy I had a superior room which was smaller than the other rooms but still had a balcony and a reasonable view. My first thought is as the rooms overlook the hotel opposite and although its not fashionable to have 'nets', perhaps a muslin type drape that could be drawn over so that guests in the other hotel are not able to look straight into your room. The little extras were delightful and to have a choice of refreshments was superb. I had booked one of the reflexology sessions offered and found the therapist both delightful, friendly and very good, well done and thank you! The bathroom was beautifully decorated and clean. The bed looked lovely but was the most uncomfortable mattress..was it a very old memory foam?? it was very lumpy and in fact sloped down on one side..awful nights sleep. The TV set control was terrible to use, no instructions and couldnt fathom how to turn off or on...simply pressed buttons which had very tiny buttons and text had worn off. Arrival was pretty good and the feeling of being cared for by taking up your suitcase is simply ...no lift! My room was literally the top of the stairs which meant I heard every movement up and down the stairs..so not good. One member of staff, a young lad was very helpful and friendly. The older gentleman who seemed to always be there never once spoke with me, even when clearing my table. Breakfast had a good range on offer. Although on my first morning the blonde middle aged waitress chose to embarass me in a very loud voice, if you dont know who your guests are dont make assumptions. Directing me to a table in a corner with no view (as a single guest when there were tables opposite that had a view of the terrace) I also noticed that my breakfast seemed to be somewhat 'different' to that of other guests who had ordered the same thing. The next morning I went to sit in the same seat as there was no-one to meet guests in the dining room. This same waitress saw me and came up to me and once again in a loud voice chose to embarass me in front of other guests by saying that this table is laid for three you will have to move. I am astounded that a waitress even thought that was the right thing to say or do in hotel where I was paying a premium rate. I simply looked at her and she then went off and back came the gentleman mentioned earlier who never spoke to me and started clearing plates etc. to the other table making it even more obvious..why?!! You surely have more plates that you could have finished off the other table. By now both of them were clearing my table. How very very rude of you both and appalling way to treat a guest. Needless to say whatever style of cuisine you have I felt that my long anticipated Newlyn Smoked Haddock perhaps should have been slightly more than 1.5 inches by 3 inches on a plate at least ten inches in size.......suspect I was penalised. I shant mention my dinner in my room..the crab I had so looked forward to was ruined by the 'Chef's' use of 'flavouring'. Coming from a family of Chefs and with one being a Corporate Chef I do have a little knowledge of food and hotel service over the years having stayed in many places across the world. This hotel is trying to be a chic and luxury hotel and is some cases succeeds with the thoughtful refreshments facilities in your room, the delightful balcony (although some attempt should be made to screen you from the other guests and hotel opposite) but its not one I would recommend nor would stay again, which is a shame as I had so looked forward to staying there for some years but with staff such as that waitress do not enjoy being embarassed and marring my stay. You need to train staff appropriately not let them simply do the job over the years and consider them experienced. This was a retirement present to myself as well as a slight business trip. I have been fair however in my ratings as I dont think you should be penalised for your attempts.

Room Tip: Bear in mind you are overlooking another hotel and ask for a room not quite so opposite the other hotel. Dont go as a single traveller as premium rate is very high. An expensive hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo