“Food was Delicious”

and 1 more site!
Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marazion
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went for dinner at Mount Haven, it was really fab, good food, wine and friendly service. I can't normally manage pudding but had to as the rest of the food was amazing. Although if you have the Camembert to start.....make sure you take them up on the offer of bread, otherwise eating a whole gooey cheese by itself is a bit intense. I would definitely recommend. The very squeaky chairs did get a little annoying, but oh well.

There are newer reviews for Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I arrived early at the Mount Haven hotel but my room was ready on my arrival which was absolutely gorgeous. It was pale blue and beige in decor - very calming and extremely comfortable. The view over to St Michael's Mount was amazing. I was given a free coffee on the terrace whilst I, with other guests, watched the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh going over to the Mount for their visit and lunch. Fresh flowers were also delivered to my room, without my ordering them, which was a lovely touch. I had booked a treatment - deep tissue massage - which was wonderful. Therapist Sam was lovely, friendly and looked after my very well. The hotel has a lovely ambiance - very calm and peaceful. The only downside I found was the restaurant. I did feel somewhat uncomfortable eating alone as a lot of the tables are all in a row and there was very little natural light. I also thought that the food was a bit overpriced compared with other places. However they do have a 2* Michelin chef so I suppose that is to be expected. Breakfast was excellent and check out quick and easy. All in all a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I spent a few days in the Mount Haven hotel and although it’s a long way to drive from Kent, it was worth the drive.
When we arrived, we were immediately welcomed by the aromas of the burning incense which instantly soothe our senses. The staff are very nice, we were made to feel at home and it was like that throughout our 4 day stay.
Our room had a partial but lovely view of St Michael's Mount which was stunning, but we asked if a room with a better view was available and there was the following day so we were moved – great!
We had room service on our first night, dinner in the restaurant on our last night and breakfast daily all of which were simply perfect.
We also treated ourselves to a message which was excellent, one of the best I’ve ever had because the masseur tailored it to our individual needs and was very attentive. The massage room could be quieter and darker to give that feel of complete isolation.
We hope to be back in future.
My wife and I spent a few days in

Room Tip: I'd go for a Superior Balcony Double/Twin room to get those views of St Michael’s Mount.
1  Thank steveuzoma
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent a wonderful 5 days here and enjoyed every minute. Staff very friendly and attentive, nothing is too much trouble. Excellent food. Lovely views from lounge and dining room. Our room, with balcony overlooking St Michaels Mount was fabulous. Can't wait to return. Oh, nearly forgot, the holistic therapies/treatments available (at an extra very reasonable cost) are SO worthwhile. A little pampering does you so much good! Top rate hotel, highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you can afford a room with a view - go for it!
1  Thank Cr4zyCr4fter
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We booked this hotel by Secret Escapes and we weren't disappointed, the only thing we regret is that we didn't stay longer.
The welcome was incredibly personal, the room was clean and very well styled, it met our needs and then some.......and the view....as described and quiet literally breathtaking.
St Michaels Mount was a magical sight especially at sunrise and sunset, it felt so close you could just reach out and touch it, simply beautiful.
The hotel itself was stunning, the service, intimate and attentive and the food was excellent, top marks to the chef and their team.
The owners deserve and rightly so full credit for running such a superb establishment and we cannot wait to come back.

Room Tip: Whatever you do ensure you book a room with a balcony and view of the sea and St Michaels mount, its...
1  Thank Andyw70
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked the Mount Haven Hotel, only about 2 weeks before staying - a lucky find i believe!. We loved the place from the moment we arrived, and the view of St Michaels Mount was spectacular.
We enjoyed the warm welcome, great room, fab views,relaxing treatments and delicious meals, the only downside was having to leave to go home!!

We have even recommended the mount haven to our friends for their honeymoon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edgecombe_aa
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a wonderful 4 night break at the Mount Haven Hotel and cannot fault it. Comfortable room with beautiful view of St Michael's Mount. Hotel spotlessly clean, staff and owners very friendly, attentive and helpful - you could not ask for more. Breakfasts and dinners were all superb. Conragtualtions must go to the owners for the professional way they run the hotel and encourage the staff to give their best. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor for an outstanding view of St Michael's Mount.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marazion
Marazion Hotel
Mullion Cove Hotel
Mullion Cove Hotel
#1 of 2 in Mullion
St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa

Been to Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!