“Good Sunday carvery”

Godolphin Arms Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Marazion
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Food served throughout the day Eating at the Godolphin Arms is a relaxed and informal affair and we offer an all-day menu to be enjoyed whatever the occasion or mood. Our food philosophy is simple; we want to provide freshly cooked food that tastes delicious, is beautifully presented and showcases the quality and seasonality of local Cornish produce. From hearty Cornish breakfasts to relaxed lunches and intimate dinners, our menu is inspired by living and working by the sea and produce grown and farmed locally. Fresh daily bakes of the most delicious desserts and cakes are also offered up, to be enjoyed alongside the perfect cappuccino or latte. Where to eat? Lots of natural, light bathed and restful spaces - all with far-reaching views out over Mount's Bay and St Michael's Mount. Sit in the glass and zinc extension, with doors that open out for al fresco dining during the summer months. Celebrate with family or friends around the intimate Captain's Table that seats 9. On the lower deck, walk straight in off the beach to the colourful and chilled-out beach bar and dining area. Outside, the beach terrace remains a place to linger, absorb the astonishing views and simply watch the world go by.
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Visited the Sunday carvery and delighted to find it as good as ever. Choice of meats ( could possibly be a bit more generous with the cuts, my only criticism) and great choice of fresh cooked veg. Have been here many times over the years and it's always good value for the carvery.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

We ate from the specials menu - sirlion steak in wild mushroom sauce with red cabbage and new potatoes - delicious, excellent views of St Michaels Mount

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Six of us met here for lunch, after having travelled from different parts of the country. The menu was interesting, the place was slightly tired but the view was stunning. The food was very good and the staff were friendly and courteous. However, we were given the incorrect information on the ingredients of one main course and when it arrived my friend was unable to eat it due to an allergy. I ordered a side salad to accompany my fish cakes, but it never arrived. The place was nearly empty and there was no excuse for these two errors. The food was reasonably priced and quite tasty. I would recommend this establishment but don't be surprised at anything!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

The service at the Godolphin was poor. Although being seated quickly it was some time before being asked if drinks were required. They arrived some fifteen minutes later. We were waiting again,for sometime for our food order to be taken. By this time we had had enough.
I was totally embarassed,because amongst my guests was a master chef.
I will never recommend this place to any one again.
If the waiting staff cannot cope with the numbers of people who visit their estasblishment on a Wednesday,then the management need to sort this out.
Although we did not eat on this occasion,the food seemed bland and microwaveable. We did hear a lot of "pinging" coming from the kitchen.
I did complain and my comments were noted and I received a voucher to use at the Godolphin.
I doubt very much that it will ever be used.
Having used this place for many years,especially on special occasions, I have to say that this time I felt very let down.

2  Thank 9337BRIAN
Reviewed September 27, 2011

great warm and friendly staff, We had a few meals here all in all good value for money.