“Not enough superlatives”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

First class ingredients, careful preparation and careful presentation turn outstandingly creative recipes into a meal to remember at an embarrassingly low price for the work that is entailed. Not just worth the journey - worth the holiday! I saw a couple of grumbles about service in some early reviews but the young local waiting staff were absolutely fine - not trained to international hotel standards, but at these prices you should have no complaints. The wine list is also interesting and again, very moderately priced. And the sweet curry dessert is a must.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The second you walk through the door of this fresh, clean, creatively detailed, cosy and inviting setting, you are greeted with a warm welcome and you know you are in for a special evening. The constantly changing menus are quite genius (what a visionary) and a real treat to explore! Oooooohhhh the selection of delicious breads is just the beginning of this mouth watering adventure for the taste buds with a palette of artistic creations for the eye to enjoy too. As designers, we just don't have the vocabulary to best describe Ben's food but we'll just say that the venison was like a walk through an enchanted rich abundant forest and the turbot was how we imagine a magical mermaid would dine. Once you visit Ben's Cornish Kitchen, like us, you'll be back again and again. We always book our dining experience at Ben's before even booking our accommodation purposely to enhance our stay in this beautifully idyllic part of Cornwall. The Tourist Board thanks you, foodies country wide thank you and we, a couple from Exmouth Thank You Ben & Team for your dedication to the perfect fine dinning (& it has to be said...inexpensive) experience.

2  Thank silkyTC
Reviewed September 2, 2013

A great little restaurant serving creative and tasty food. We enjoyed every course and very much appreciated the quirks and twists for each. The atmosphere was relaxed and for a small restaurant I was worried that they would have crammed in loads of tables but they seemed to have gone the opposite way and it was really private. The online booking system wasn't working brilliantly when we tried to book, next time we are in the area I will definitely call and book again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place is great. We ate there one night last week and loved it so much we came back the following night. It's an amazing boon if you're staying in Marazion but in my opinion it is well worth travelling to. The chef and staff were particularly gracious about a slight misunderstanding regarding my dietary reqs and even went out of their way to ensure I'd enjoy the vegetarian dish the following night. The menu has about 5 options per course (including one veggie) and each option has a wine recommendation to go with it. Everything my dining companion and I ate was exquisite - wonderful and interestingly combined flavours - and if there was somewhere as good as this in London I'd eat there once a week! I think they've also managed to create a menu that will appeal to traditionalists and more adventurous eaters alike.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

liked everything, not cheap but not outrageous, lovely atmosphere with very caring and informed service