“Two duds then a winner”

Ben's Cornish Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Marazion
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bacton, United Kingdom
“Two duds then a winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had looked at the menu in the window but had decided we only wanted a light lunch rather than the full menu so moved on. However, having failed to get a crab sandwich in two other Marazion establishments we went back to this restaurant and told our story. Oh boy! Was that the right decision! Chef very kindly offered crab rolls (not on the menu). We also chose to have the pumpkin soup with goats cheese beignets. The soup was superb with micro leaf garnish and tasty beignets, but the best was still to come! The nicest crab rolls (2 each) we have had for a long time and extremely good value at £12 per head, including the soup! The garnish with the rolls was so fresh and we think included tarragon micro leaves which we loved.

The waitress was very pleasant, the wine superb, the decor pleasing. All it needed and deserved were more customers but it was late November and the weather not brilliant. Can't speak highly enough of this place. We will be back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank twinkle42

Shropshire
“What a lesson I learned!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Having had a one to one cookery lesson with Ben, I was pleased that he allowed me to return with my wife to eat what I had prepared! Ben made sure that it reached his exceptional standard (probably by chucking mine away) and that means that it is as good as it gets. We returned another evening to enjoy the full menu and had Ben's choice of wine with each course. Everything was sublime. How he and Toby produce 60 perfect dishes during a service from such a small kitchen beggars belief.
Every course was of the highest order and I also recommend the cookery lesson. Ben has as much patience as he has skill.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ShropshireClive
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Ben Does It Again!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Visited Cornwall from Dorset last week for a one night stay - purely to visit Ben's Cornish Kitchen!! The meal was superb as always (well worth the 360 mile round trip!), so much so that we extended our stay and returned the following night!!

The food, wine, atmosphere and welcome at Ben's is second to none. I truly love this restaurant!! Ben and restaurant manager Leanne create such a wonderful welcoming haven, that it is very very difficult to leave!

I can't wait till my next visit!!!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank HeidiSten
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Best Lunch in Cornwall!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

After a short session of Kitingsurfing at Marazion, my partner, partners Mum, and I stopped in at our favourite spot in Marazion, if not anywhere, for an impromptu lunch.
Service was prompt as usual, and we were sat at a lovely window table enjoying the sunshine.
For lunch there was a set menu, which is a bargain. All three of us had no problem finding items on the menus we would enjoy. Actually struggled to choose from the options.
I started with a parsnip soup, which was steaming just enough for the day, and was simple and very tasty.
For my main I had a beef fillet, with a special name that escapes me now unfortunately. Regardless it was an excellent meal and wonderfully flavored.
Onto Dessert!! The chocolate brownie and Tonka ice cream. Exquisite. I have quite the sweet tooth, and this cured it. A chocolate brownie, rich enough for two, the cool sweet, made in house ice cream, and the caramel sauce. All a wonderful compliment to the other.
Capped off with a proper espresso.
Bens tops the charts for me and my partner in eating places in Cornwall. Lunch or dinner, it's always lovely.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Aaron A
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Special Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We has an exceptional meal. Two of our party would be described as exacting customers, and I and my husband are demanding of value- EVERYONE was happy. The food was superb- innovative without being weird, subtle without being bland and generally the best meal we have had in Cornwall for years. The service was very good indeed as well. Highly recommended

• Visited August 2012