All reviewscoffee and cakesauna and hot tublarge vehiclest michael's mountperfect hostsaccommodating hostspubs and restaurantsoverlooking the gardencomfortable roomlocal knowledgelovely viewperfect locationgreat place to stayfresh flowersjudithseakitchenette
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My friend Sallie and I spent two nights at the Blue Horizon B & B in Marazion, Cornwall, UK. We couldn't have selected a better spot. The views are amazing, the hot tub/spa room is an added bonus. We watched the big moon from the window. The location is wonderful. I hope to go back! Paul and Judith are delightful and well suited in their host role. Breatkfast and tea were lovely. Go, Go now!!!

Room Tip: Top floor best views, but smallish windows. Hot tub/sauna room rental a must.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just returned home from yet another lovely stay at Blue Horizon. I have visited Cornwall several times in recent years, tried other places but this guest house is definitely my favourite. Paul and Judith are really friendly ,helpful and always welcome me on arrival with tea and cake. The Mousehole single room is the best I have ever come across. Unlike the usual single rooms in hotels and B&Bs,which can be cupboard sized,it is so spacious with a large bed and the huge window gives a stunning view of the bay. Also,as well as the other rooms with a sea view it is located at the rear of the house overlooking the garden and patio, and so is quiet and peaceful for a good nights sleep.
Breakfasts are delicious,include fresh fruit and varied choice of cooked food, served in the breakfast room which opens onto the patio to enjoy the morning sun. The house is freshly decorated and Judiths own paintings of local scenes add a colourful touch.
Facilities at Blue Horizon are excellent. I have hired one of their bikes to explore the area and the hot tub is a great way to relax after a days cycling or walking the coast path. Marazion is the ideal base for seeing west Cornwall as it's not far from all the attractions. Paul and Judith are very knowledgeable about local places to visit and can recommend pubs and restaurants for evening meals.
I would recommend Blue Horizon to anyone and in my experience you will not get better value at this price level.

Room Tip: Book early to ensure a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrew G
Pilgrimpasty, Owner at Blue Horizon Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is always a pleasure having you stay with us and we are so glad we were able to accomodate you this year. It is always lovely when our guests retun year after year and enjoy the extra facilities we provide or just relax and feel at home. Hope to see you again next year, kindest regards Paul & Judith

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We chose this B&B at random but we were not deceived ! it was an amazing night, people very nice, helpful. Breakfast was very good with a lot of choice.
Unmissable : the view on the sea...
We recommend the Blue Horizon

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed there with my husband had a seaview room,fantastic views.the couple that run it cannot do enough for you really helpful.the breakfast was excellent too and it all came with free secure car parking.would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 24, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a thoroughly relaxing three night stay at the Blue Horizon on our minimoon after our wedding last weekend. We cannot fault the Blue Horizon at all. The room (Marazion) was gorgeous, clean and very comfortable, with a fabulous sea view. We very much enjoyed sitting in the two chairs at the window and watching the waves.

We couldn't believe how friendly, attentive and helpful our hosts were. They made us a gorgeous breakfast every morning (we had no problems changing our breakfast order and I had something different each day) and even packed up bacon sandwiches for us when we had to leave early to catch the bus to the train station. They also pointed us in the direction of the best pubs and restaurants and gave us a map to borrow for a wonderful coastal walk which we loved. We couldn't have asked for better hospitality or a lovelier place. Thank you Blue Horizon!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple