“Friendly service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of My Sweet Pico - CLOSED

My Sweet Pico
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Friendly service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Food is cooked over a wood fire, and is very good. My only problem was that there are parts of the indoor bar area where smoking seems to be permitted, even though my understanding was that this is against the law....I could be wrong. Good menu choice, and some fine wines, too.

Sint-Amands Belgie
“fine meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

if we had know this place earlier, we probebly would have had dinner here every night. The people where very friendly and helpfull bij explaining what fish to take. The Guernney Jack was even better grilled then the Tuna I had earlier somewhere else. and that had nothing to do with the kind of fish but everything with the preparation.
Terra de Lavas is a fine wine for very little money

Towcester, United Kingdom
“Good food but very poor service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

It was suggested we eat here as it had a good reputation on the island. The food is good fresh and tasty but not that imaginative. They have a speciality sausage which is cooked at your table in brandy, It's a bit of a novelty actually and wasn't as tasty as I was expecting. The mains are mainly fish, meat and poultry with some pasta dishes, and some meals for veggies.
good food but nothing particularly special or original and I would go as far as suggesting its a little overrated.

Criticisms are
Steak was very well done and not medium rare as requested
A lot of the food and wine was not available.
We had to wait 90 mins and 3 times of asking for the desert menu
We almost had to get up and order more drinks for ourself as the waiting staff were limited and too busy to cope.

• Visited September 2013
Lund, Sweden
“Food is good but the service...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have stayed in the island Pico for 3 nights and we have been to this restaurant 3 times so you can understand how good the food was.
I have no doubt about the food there, but the service is up and down. First night when we were there, the service was a bit slow but we got everything we ordered without any problem. The waiter explained that they had shortage of staff that evening and apologized for that. Fine.
The second night we were there again and this time the service was quick and good. Great.
The third night we were there again since the recommended restaurant by our friends was closed for that day. We sat down indoor, in front of the grill counter. After us there were 2 other groups of people coming in and took the table next and behind us. We waited soem time until the waiter finally gave us the menu while the other 2 tables coming after us have already got menu and made orders. And we waited and waited and the other 2 tables got their beers, starters and even the second round of beers, and still no waiter coming to ask for our order!
Then later some locals came in and sat in another table next to us and started to smoked and chat with the staff there.
After 45 minutes waiting receiving only the menu we decided to leave this restaurant and never come back - even when we left, none came to ask us any word. We were just forgotten by sitting in front of the staff!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Not my piece of meat/fish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We are in Madalena a week now, and we will stay another. Yesterday we had dinner at My Sweet Pico. Which is supposed to be one of the bettter places to eat here. We were disappointed in the quality of the food. Very short grillled, raw on the inside was what I asked the tuna to be, but it was the opposite. Edible but not very nice it was, and also not as we asked. After a long day of diving the Princess Alice I was too tired to make a fuss or to wait a new meal, so we just accepted the situation. The starters were very simple but good, nice cheese and olives. The prices are -like everywhere on the island- low. Unfortunately in my opinion the quality of the restaurant matches the prices. On the other hand for lunch I think it will be OK. What can go wrong on a toasted sandwich?

• Visited September 2013