“Great Place, Super Host”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Baja Bungalows

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cabo Pulmo
Baja Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cabo Pulmo
Yakima, Washington
“Great Place, Super Host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed a week with Kent, and a week split between two other properties in Pulmo. Wish we would have been able to stay both weeks at Baja Bungalows. No resorts in Pulmo, more a small very friendly somewhat rustic village, but you might not notice so much because of the way Kent has set things up, what a nice getaway to just kick back and relax. Kent goes the extra mile to take care of his guests, could not find a nicer, more caring host. Baja Bungalows is where we will head to next time we go to Baja. Thanks Kent !

Room Tip: The big houses are more traditional. Juan's Casita is a little more rustic but has it's own...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed in Juan's Casita for 6 nights and absolutely loved it. We were slightly unsure from the website description if we had exclusive use of all the components (kitchen, bathroom, courtyard, hot tub) and were very pleased to find that we did! Kent has done a great job of finding the balance between creating a rustic, low-key feel while also incorporating little perks such as an iPod/iPhone docking station, wifi, an in-room safe, a hot shower, and the use of snorkeling equipment, kayaks, beach chairs etc. Kent made sure that we were well looked after (e.g., it got cool at night and I needed extra blankets) and that we were aware of special events (e.g., buffet dinner at a nearby restaurant) and the best days for snorkeling etc. The private courtyard of Juan's Casita is great for soaking up the sun, watching birds and butterflies, and enjoying views of the surrounding desert hills nearby. We also used the hot tub almost every night. The village does run a generator all day, which was slightly disappointing, but it often became background noise you would likely be able to hear it from anywhere, and we were actually thankful that we were not right on the beach close to where it is located (another plus of Baja Bungalows). We will definitely return to Cabo Pulmo and stay at Baja Bungalows again.

1 Thank Diane_Mark_Calgary
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at Cabo Pulmo for one day with my family in the upper level of the main house. Ken was a superb host. He was always available to answer questions and provide helpful recommendations about the area. The hotel website is great too, with good driving directions. The room was very tastefully done with fantastic views of the Cabo Pulmo Bay. There was enough snorkel gear for all four of us, including wetsuits. Highly recommend Baja Bungalows for a restful vacation in Cabo Pulmo.

Room Tip: Definitely go for upper level rooms- they have a 360 views of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank YatraKatha
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Baja Bungalows is a wonderful get-away from the hustle of everyday life. Our place was huge with a large balcony overlooking the ocean and desert. It was very clean and well maintained with the basics...no microwave, TV, or toaster due to limited electrical access down there. We did use the ipod speaker setup to listen to music, and there is wifi. The owner Kent, even had Xmas lights up!
Baja Bungalows is walking distance to everything, but you definitely need a car or truck to get there...the dirt road in is rough and takes 20 minutes. We met some other really wonderful people who were staying there. Kent, the owner invited me and my boyfriend to join him and his friends for dinner at Titos our last night. What a lovely place in the middle of nowhere!

Room Tip: We were on the second level of the the house in the back, which had a spectacular view. I saw a bea...
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Baja Bungalows for three nights. What a place! It's such a beautiful, calm, and friendly environment. The owner, Kent, is incredibly friendly and generous. He lets guests borrow snorkeling equipment, is always happy to offer advice and answer questions, and is a really sweet guy. The entire community of neighbors is very friendly, and we felt so at ease and relaxed during out stay there. We definitely recommend it highly.

1 Thank ussishki
Martinez
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I made a reservation at Baja Bungalows and in my email I said that I should arrive around 9 pm. I was about an hour late

because I was photographing some wildlife. I missed the turnoff as well and had to backtrack so I arrived around 10 pm. I

also tried to call when I realized I was going to be late but couldn't get through. When I arrived there was no one to be

found. I tried knocking on the office door with no luck, not even a note about where my bungalow was. I tried to find my

bungalow with the aid of a flashlight. After quite a bit of searching I found a vacant one and since the door was unlocked

I decided to take it. I spent the night there and everything was fine. In the morning I talked with the caretaker who

said I must have just missed him the previous night and that the room I chose was the one that was reserved for me. After

I paid him he said it was OK to leave some food in the fridge while I explored the area.
I had a great day of photography highlighted by snorkeling with beautiful fish and sea lions! When I returned I

couldn't find my food and the owner (Kent) said that my food was in the office. He then gave me the third degree by saying

that it wasn't OK that I arrived when I did and that I scared some of the guests the night before when I was looking for my

bungalow. There was absolutely nothing in my correspondence with him or on the website that said one shouldn't arrive

late. He said that this is not a hotel where one can wander in anytime. Maybe he should make that clear to prospective

visitors before he jumps on them without any warning. I didn't challenge him at the time because I wanted to look at the

website and our correspondence again for any sign of a warning. Again my suspicions were confirmed. No warning about this

at all. It was Kent's fault if I inadvertently scared some of the guests. He needs to make it clear on the website at a

minimum that they don't accept guest after a certain hour. If I had known this I would have been more careful to arrive on time or made other arrangements if I was running late. After a long hot day exploring it was also disappointing to find

my water and drinks out of the fridge and warm.
My interaction with Kent left a bad taste in my mouth that lingered for days after an otherwise great day. If this

rude behavior hadn't occurred everything would have been fine. The bungalow was comfortable, staff accommodating (except

Kent) and it was a beautiful setting. It was also relatively inexpensive. Earlier that day I looked at a new place that

was connected to the Eco Adventures dive shop I went snorkeling with that had much nicer rooms for less money than Baja Bungalows. I

think the arrogance of some business owners that think they can relieve their frustrations on their customers and get away

with it demonstrates a very low PRQ (public relations quotient) and can only hurt their business. I'm not sure if I am

going to return to Cabo Pulmo in the near future but if I do I will avoid Baja Bungalows.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank jrneum
Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

But Cabo Pulmo may not for everybody. This was our second trip to Cabo Pulmo and the second time we stayed at Baja Bungalows (BB). This time we brought friends who wanted to share this wonderful experience with us. We used the entire main house and the Palapa Suite for the 6 of us. Great value, wonderful beds, clean and comfortable rooms. Sunrise from the upper floor of the main house is spectacular! As a group we especially enjoyed the multitude of places to enjoy each others company as well as the company of some of the other very interesting guests.

As other reviews have noted this is a no hair dryer/TV/phone and only limited internet sort of place. It connects you with life before electronic gadgets took over. It is in the desert so there are critters, of which, in my two weeks at BB I had to search for because Kent keeps the grounds so well maintained. BB is on the edge of a very small town and interfaces with a very large desert so the review about mice is to be expected. The couple who stayed in the suite mentioned did have a couple of traps go off in the night but were not phased by it in the least. If you want fancy and perfect go to Cabo San Lucas, Cabo Pulmo is for the more adventurous spirit who like to really leave things behind once in a while and open themselves up to whatever may happen their way.

Thank you again to Kent for being such a wonderful host and having the energy and foresight to build this beautiful compound.

Room Tip: Wake up early to a wonderful sunrise and have great views all day with the upper floor units. Downst...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Vidasoul Hotel
Vidasoul Hotel
#1 of 1 in Boca de la Vinorama
Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort

Been to Baja Bungalows? Share your experiences!