“Very Cool and Friendly. We will be back.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cabo Pulmo
Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cabo Pulmo
Reviewed October 1, 2013

On an extended trip around southern Baja we ended up doing a couple nights at Cabo Pulmo and stayed in the Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort. After having dinner in the restaurant the evening of our arrival the we ended up making friends with the owners and they invited us out on their boat the next day to go snorkeling. At was an incredible experience for both me and my daughters. The Playa de las Sirenas south of town is incredible. We also got to swim with a colony of sea lions and do some snorkeling at the reef which was amazing.

On top of that, our cabana was really nice and comfortable, the food and atmosphere in the restaurant was a lot of fun and the beach in town is really cool and great for walking (on the south side) and the shallow reef straight out front is pretty awesome too. My girls (age 4 and 5) thought we were swimming with Dory and Nemo. The only negative was my wife could not make it which means that we will absolutely be back so she can experience it as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Its a great place for dive sports. Everything its there you dont need to look for nothing. They rent equipment for Scuba Diving. They have Dive Masters and you just need to walk. The Service its not the best but i just went for Scuba Diving so at all was good. The Dive Master wasnt in the Best Mood but Under the Water all was good!!!

I Will Comeback cause its confortable when you go only for Scuba Diving like me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank memodelvalle
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times in my trips around the East Cape area. I have only stayed in the "eco bungalows". I have not used their dive services but it appears that their dive shop is pretty nice. The accommodation’s here are small one or two bed homes with a simple kitchen. This place is for those who also like camping. It is just a few steps above camping. You’re probably going to see a cockroach or two scurry about in your room when the lights get turned on. Clerk at check in asked for a $20 "key deposit" upon check in and then made some comment about me maybe forgetting about the deposit for a tip for himself. When I checked out the next day, same clerk reminded me about a tip. I said my tip to him was to "never take money from a stranger" as I reached my hand out for my money back. He didn't think that was too funny. Over all, this is a place to go when you want to experience nature and to get in some diving and snorkeling.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jgmackay2000
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Cons
- poor service;
- bad choice of dive spots;
- almost nothing at the store;

Pros
- nice facilities (cafe, pool, showers);
- provide transfer services;

In short, one would think by looking at their website that this is a superb diving operation, but in fact it's just a little below average. This is coming from a diver who booked a one two-tank dive trip with them (while not staying at this resort). If you are just planning to rent a cabin there you might not find this review useful.

They didn't pick me up at my hotel in the morning; I left a message, but no one responded; I called them later - they tried to blame it on me first, but after they realized it was their fault, they said there is nothing they can do but to reschedule my dive for a few days later; when I told them I was leaving in two days, and maybe they could put me in a group tomorrow, they said "tough luck". And only when I decided to ask to speak to a manager later on, they told me that they might be able to squeeze me in tomorrow.

And the rest of my experience was not all that exciting either. The first dive spot was a waste of time due to poor visibility and semi-strong current. 8 minutes after descent, the dive master decided to return us back to the surface. After being towed for a few minutes, we finally found the place, which wasn't much better than the first one. Our final dive had more stuff to see, but the visibility wasn't that much better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cabo Pulmo is a natural treasure and testament to the many benefits of marine reserves! The village is small and relaxed, and you can’t miss the resort. It is a very low key, secure place to stay, although it seems a little overpriced. It is very much a gringo haven, with most signage in English and all prices in dollars (with a seemingly steep 13:1 exchange rate for pesos). The dive shop is very well equipped, and we really enjoyed the marine life (so many kinds of colorful fish, and many big ones, especially on the deeper dive!). The coral reef restaurant is okay, but we really enjoyed the more authentic, affordable, and delicious Alicia’s down the street.

We stayed in econo bungalow 3c. It is in a beautiful, well kept garden with a lovely patio table for home-cooked meals. The bed was not really a queen size, but the two of us fit just fine. We hope to return some day!!

Room Tip: We stayed in econo bungalow 3c. It is in a beautiful, well kept garden with a lovely patio table fo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

this is an awesome place. the bungalows are very clean well equipped. Cole does well to take d care of all your needs. this is the place for diving. snorkeling is also xlnt. couldn't ask for any better.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our second visit to Cabo Pulmo Resort for another 6 nights. Love this place. Quiet and peaceful with great snorkelling opportunities. The room was clean and comfortable and fairly well equipped. We were able to borrow some coffee filters and clothes pegs. We had booked another unit that we had stayed in before but when we arrived it was not available which was very disappointing and it would have been nice to have known this in advance. Loved Titos restaurant- the ceviche was the best and made freshly just for us. All the people are very friendly and outgoing. A magical place.
The only down was the erratic wi-fi which was pretty useless in spite of paying for 24 hours we were unable to connect within the 24 hour period.

Room Tip: request one with upstairs patio for view of ocean
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Boca de la Vinorama
Villa del Faro
Villa del Faro
#1 of 1 in Los Frailes

Been to Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!