“Worth the drive!”

Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Cabo Pulmo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cabo Pulmo Diving is THE dive-operation, run by Pilu and Henri, both PADI-instructors.We're diving the Cabo Pulmo Marine Park since 2007; we know every rock in the reef and all the fish by their names. We're passionate guides, very experienced instructors and hosts, that want to pamper our guests...Our goal is to make your diving days the best days of your holidays...We hope to see you soon in beautiful Cabo Pulmo!Pilu & Henri
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Actually the 2 hour drive from Cabo San Lucas was a site to see also. If there were no cactus and dried out bushes, I would of thought I was on the moon.

A little different diving experience for me, I'm used to getting on a boat in the water and jumping off. Here you get on the boat while its still attached to the trailer and they drive you back into the water. I guess that's what you do where you are located on the beach.

Our first dive on a wreck was ok, seen a lot more puffer fish than I ever do in the Caribbean. The second dive was much better. In my 30 years of diving I have never seen so many fish, walls of them. I could swim along and count 15-20 puffer fish right in front of me. The other walls of fish were in the hundreds or more.

It was a bit of a drive to get there and back but well worth it.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My brother and I dive a lot, mostly in the Caribbean but this month while visiting Cabo San Lucas we got the chance to try Cabo Pulmo. I can tell you diving with Pilu was quite amazing! I’ve never seen so many fish in one spot in my life! Most of diving was in 40-55ft of water, visibility was great (though I hear it’s not so good in the winter months). Pilu runs a very professional, safe shop! I would definitely go again! Note on getting there: Rent a car (about $30-$40 per day). It takes about 2 hrs from downtown Cabo San Lucas but when you get into San Jose, take the airport toll road as it’s much faster. After you pass the airport take the road to LaPaz, then follow signs to Cabo Pulmo. The last 12-15min is dirt road. Once you get into the area where you feel like you’re driving thru a village, bear left. The road will curve left and head towards the beach. Cabo Pulmo diving will be on your left….small shop. If TripAdvisor let’s me put in their website, its http://www.cabopulmodiving.com/nice_en.htm

And bring the family! There's a great beach and restaurant right there on the beach.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Newly certified, my wife and I scheduled two two tanks with Pilu. Her boat captains were exceptional and that was the beginning. The equipment (rentals) was fitted perfectly and the dive choices made by Pilu the mornings of the dives were wonderful. She was very attentive, friendly and assuring. The dives went off flawlessly and opened up a whole new world. We were certified in a lake in AZ, which was very Pleasant, but open water ocean was eye opening.

Strongly recommend Pilu and Cabo Pulmo Diving.

1  Thank steve l
Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you're going to Cabo Pulmo you need to know how special, and amazing it is to dive with CaboPulmoDiving! We heard whales underwater,saw them on the Panga rides to the wide variety of dive sites, enjoyed rays, beautiful assortments of fish, seals, and turtles. A very friendly and competent staff that points out the best at each site and doesn't yell at you when you go off the boat before you're supposed to, just calm,competent,fun, respectful people operating an exceptional safe service to explore this wonderful Marine Preserve. I have been to C.P 5 times so make sure you dive with CaboPulmoDiving.com and Henri and Pilu.

3  Thank warmadventurers
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Cabo Pulmo is a paradise, a small village surrounded by an amazing nature on earth and in the ocean, a perfect place to scuba dive, with its hundreds of fish species, to ride bikes or horses, to walk along the beaches or in the mountains and to relax. We stayed there 2 months and we dived with Pilu and Henry a professional and very friendly couple that live and work there. With them we had the most interesting and exciting divings of Baja California, and we achieved the Dive Master certification too. We really thank the experience of Pilu and Henry and their sympathy. They also helped us to find out a place where to live there.
Cabo Pulmo has a fascinating story and , if you are curious, just ask the natives.
What else...go and enjoy it.

1  Thank Betti B