“Great time”

and up
Discover Scuba Diving Experience for Beginners
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Cabo Pulmo
More attraction details
Owner description: A sanctuary to the only living coral reef on the western side of the continent.
Amery, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I am always reluctant when it comes to tours. Especially when there are a bunch of outfits offering similar packages. My wife wanted to go and take a whale watching tour. I did not eant to do it but I said nothing because I spent a pile of money on a fishing trip the day before.
No regrets on this one. My wife and 2 children had an amazing 3 hours that nobody will forget. My wife was right (she will love that I said that).

Visited February 2014

Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great shore snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

National parks in Baja are not like those in the US. Little infrastructure exists in the park, rather it is a way to protect and conserve the reef and its sea life.

Many fingers of the reef can be reached from shore beaches, allowing easy snorkeling and fish viewing. While a fee is not required to walk the beaches, snorkelers are expected (and required) to purchase a permit, in the form of a bracelet (like you wear at a concert or event) for about $5 USD. While enforcement is spotty, the park police will require you to get out of the water if you are spotted with out the permit.

Visiting in the winter months, usually finds high wind and reduced visibility. Even so, in sheltered bays you can still see 30 feet or so.

Visited January 2014
8 Thank gje5
Seattle
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Amazing on top of the water and below”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We signed on with Cabo Outfitters and were lucky to get the owner, Casey, as our guide for a day of Kayaking and Snorkeling. We arrived, unloaded the boats and were off. It was the first day of low wind and we were lucky to hit two beaches were we jumped out of the boats and snorkels with sooooo many fish only a few feet below the water! The coral is healthy and so colorful. This is a trip worth taking. It is about 2 hours out of Cabo, but Casey made the drive amazing as he to,d us about the flora and fawna and the history of the area.

A must do with Cabo Outfitters! Thanks Casey

Visited December 2013
Walnut Creek, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Second Time in Cabo Pulmo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was my second time at Cabo Pulmo.

The long drive is definitely worth it.

We were not so lucky this time because we were tgere right when the hurricane Raymond hit. The water was very rough and windy and we werent able to see many fish as on my first time.

Tips:
Coming from Cabo San Lucas take hwy 1 the unpaved road is not as bad, and there are not very many signs. Just keep on going.

Diving trips leave at 10am o 3 pm

Visited November 2013
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Better than Bonaire, Thailand, Kona, Roatan, Curacao, etc.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wow. We found the best dive spot ever and its a shot hop from San Francisco.
Only thing is it is really hard to get to. Really hard. Like stuck in the mud hard.

See my scubaboard review to see why

Better to just show on video why this was great:

Visited October 2013