“down-scale new strip-mall pub with flies”
Review of Waterloo Arms - CLOSED

Waterloo Arms
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Although normally dining at Waterlot, a totally terrific experience, our friend, a recent New Hamburg resident, suggested the Waterloo Arms since we like old English Pubs. What a disappointment! Decore is downscale diner, fairly empty on our arrival but for the flies buzzing around our table. Our waitress was cheerful & attentive.....Liver & Onions satisfied.....Salad with baby shrimp turned out to be breaded shrimp.....but the pulled pork which was to be on Italian crusty bread appeard on mushy white stuff with meat soggy in sauce. And then there were the constant flies abuzzing. Our friend defended flies as common in surrounting farm courtry ......but likely would not pass Public Health check. The only pleasant surprise was the totally terrific Apple Crumble!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

On April 19,2013, we had occasion to attend a Birthday party for my mother at the restaurant. I think the only thing good about it was our server who was friendly, helpful and tried her best. To coin a phrase my Dad used to use..."I was hungry enough to eat the rear end of a skunk"...on this occasion however, I did not imagine I would get the rear end of a skunk...Everyone in our party was totally dissatisfied with the food. I had the roast beef which was supposed a top sirloin, but was an eye of the round. Grossly overcooked and tough as shoe leather. My brotherinlaw had the steak and it was also overcooked and tough as nails. The fish and chips were overcooked. The women had pasta dishes that had a medley of complaints. In summary, I would not recommend this place to anyone and am embarrassed to even have eaten there once.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went out for supper on a wednesday night . Restaurant was not full somewhat noisey.Seated immediately. Service was good . Had fish and chips and a rebuen. Sweet potato fries great. Good portion size. Under $40 for two.

Would dine again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have been there several times, each time hoping the food would be better. You can tell a lot of the menu is cooked from frozen (appetizers, fish, hamburgers). I even had a grilled cheese where the cheese is not melted. The fish and chips were so greasy that when my fork touched the fish, there was a pool of oil.
The atmosphere is nice and service was good, too bad the food was not good enough that I will go back.

3  Thank Annonymous4
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have been to the Waterloo Arms quite often since it opened. Lately we have had some disappointing experiences. Ordered nachos with chili ($5 add-on) and found the amount of toppings very sparse. The wings seemed slightly undercooked. On another occasion the corned beef sandwich was tasty but the meat was had too much grizzle. The curry I had was good but seemed plain with just rice and meat w sauce. They could have added a pappadam or something. (I should have asked) On the plus side it is has a nice pub atmosphere and our service has been very good. We will give it another try.

1  Thank LeisureLe