I was unable to get a hotel in Stratford the night I was attending the Festival, but was very happy to find Puddicombe House B&B a short distance to the east in New Hamburg, Ontario. The town is quaint, including a lovely park and unique heritage waterwheel just steps away from the B&B. Puddicombe House stands out on the streetscape and is lovingly maintained and nicely landscaped. There is a lovely patio as well as cozy covered porch dining area and the food was nicely presented and tasty fine dining at a reasonable cost. The interior was welcoming and the bedrooms upstairs were nicely decorated, quiet and very clean. The shower actually had hot water in great supply and a lovely rainshower showerhead. Loved the 12-foot high ceilings throughout. Breakfast was included in the room rate, but I was unable to take advantage of this. I'm sure it was equally tasty. Would definitely stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puddicombe House, An Ontario's Finest Inn and Spa featuring elegant accommodation in downtown historic New Hamburg. Six B & B rooms feature en-suites, most with Jacuzzi tubs, King, Queen and Twin options, flat screen TVs and fireplaces. Full-service restaurant, spa and hair salon. Unique shopping just outside our door property is located a short 20 minute drive (22km) to the Stratford Festival Theatre, and a 20-25 minute drive to St Jacobs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Puddicombe House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puddicombe House Hotel New Hamburg
- Puddicombe House New Hamburg, Ontario