“midweek spa escape”

Ranked #1 of 1 New Hamburg B&B and Inns
Waterloo
“midweek spa escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

My mother and I booked in at Puddicombe for the midweek spa escape - full day of spa services, a bottle of wine, overnight in our own room and breakfast in the morning. The experience was wonderful. Beautiful rooms, friendly atmosphere and great food! A great deal for all that you get. We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicole R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I chose Puddicombe House as a halfway point between London and Toronto for a night away. We enjoyed the spa and had fantastic meals at both dinner and breakfast. I am vegan and with a day's notice the chef did an awesome job in preparing meals that were visually appealing and delicious. My girlfriend ate off the menu and was equally impressed with her meals. The house is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable and the hosts were very accommodating. We enjoyed our stay and are already planning on a return visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here with my wife while on business and we loved the place. The rooms, the food, the service in the spa everyone cared about us from the time we checked out to the time we left. It made a business trip into a special occasion. We will be making a visit this summer just to relax for a weekend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

My partner and I booked into Puddicombe for the Easter weekend which was also my 60th birthday celebration. We booked into the Stock Room, which was a lovely room, fantastic bed and with everything you would wish for in a respite from the city. The breakfasts were absolutely scrumptious. The one dinner that we had at the Puddicombe Dining Room was fabulous. It was a trout dish that was out of this world and the staff went out of their way to assure a lovely evening. The building is stunning and we had a wonderful time. We will certainly return and will definitely recommend it to our friends and family.

Karen and Henry

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

A few weeks agao a friend & I had lunch at Puddicombe House. The paper menu on its plastic holder was crumpled as if it is had been wet with coffee or tea. This was a turn-off before we even ordered any food. This is rather shoddy as it would be very easy to put a fresh menu in the holder. First impressioms are important! The soup was tasy but cold. The garnish on top of it was cold & hard which added to the coldness of the soup. The macaroni & cheese was very greasy but tasty with some spicy pepers. The cheescake was heavy and tasted had the texture of flavoured butter! The waitress did not ask how our meal was so I suffered through the cold soup. I will not be rushing back for another meal at Puddicome's.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank m w
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

In November we went to Puddicombe House and I was really pleased with our stay. Our room was lovely and the bed was the most comfortable one I have ever slept in. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The old home is stunning. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was very good with the exception of the dessert which was mediocre and not worth the calories. I had a massage at the spa and the young woman there was very nice. The town is not far from Stratford and a short walk away there are some nice little gift shops. I would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank celtqueen
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed at The Puddicombe Inn mid-week in December, as a chance to do some creative thinking. The room was gorgeous, the food was fantastic and the staff were so nice! I felt like one of the family after meeting the owner. What a relaxing escape from the hectic pace -it would be perfect for a romantic visit with my husband or a spa weekend with the girls! Looking forward to another visit soon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
puddicombe, Owner at Puddicombe House, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
It was a pleasure having you stay with us.Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Hamburg
Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario
Newburg Inn
Newburg Inn
#1 of 1 in New Hamburg

Been to Puddicombe House? Share your experiences!