“What?..sorry?..uhm...yes....:-) but good food anyway”
Review of K La Gina

K La Gina
Ranked #9 of 11 Restaurants in Garriguella
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“What?..sorry?..uhm...yes....:-) but good food anyway”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Only took some Tapas here and, while very expensive, I have to say it was very light and refreshing; exactly what I wanted at that time. Atmosphere is ok and, while English was limited and there were some difficulties to understand each other, it was all done with a smile on the face. Would return here again

Visited August 2012

Escaldes-Engordany, Andorra
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh new ideas”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We went with children and sat in the terrace. We let the owner (Gina) decide the most suitable for each of us:
The children enjoyed plain pasta with cheese and non-conventional "croquetas". Their dessert was a delicious home made ice cream.
My husband and I, we tasted different tapas where the ingredients are exotically mixed. For example, watermelon with cheese and anchovy. You can also command foie with raw beef. Or goat cheese with quail (bobwhite) fried eggs!!
On the beverages side, we also decided to get the owners recommendation on regional wines from the Emporda. The red wine is excellent.
And to conclude, as a dessert: chocolate soup with salt and sweet pepper!!!

• Visited August 2012
Barcelona, Spain
“Interesting Restaurant. Worth to visit Garriguella”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Quire creative tapas like food. Gina, the manager, is one of the cornerstone of the restaurant, the kitchen does the rest.

• Visited February 2012
“Check the bill!!!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Hi, begin september I visited K La Gina. They offer 10 tapas and it was absolutely not the best i’ve eat at the Costa Brava. If you don’t like tapas, you can order a “Coc”. This is meat or fish, served on weak bread. Not my taste!!!
Back home I saw something strange on the bill. I was 2 times in K La Gina. The first time I took a tapa, coc and dessert for the price of about 68 euro (2 pers.) Under the sub total was marked 8% IVA which is ok.
The second time, we only took a dessert and a coffee and now I see that upside the bill is marked “IVA inclos”, (NOT MARKED ON THE 1st bill) but down on the bill, 8% is a second time taxed. So I paid 2 times the IVA.
So I advise, if you visit this place, check very good the bill!!!!
Therefore, I rate this place with 1 star!!!

Jeanmur