“Typical coastal golf course”

Star Hill Golf Club
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Typical coastal golf course”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Pretty straight-forward, average course. Greens were in fair condition. Staff is very rude, no people skills evident to me or my playing partner. Not worth $69 green fees.

Visited August 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Great Vacation Golf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This golf course is one of the most accesible courses in the area. If you are a single, they will gladly work with you to put you in a group. Only one time could I not get a game with a group, so they sent me off first, and when I made the turn, they put me on a nine where no one else was. Finished in 2:45. Course is well maintained and probably drains better than any other course in the area. Always a 90 degree cart rule. Staff is friendly as well. Worth booking a tee time.

Visited July 2013
North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Golf on the Crystal Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a delightful course that has 27 holes, and 18 are always open. The whole operation is well-managed. Don't be freaked out if you suddenly see a plane descending on you while playing - there is a grass air strip and parking area for small planes in the middle of the course!
The truth is, there is no better place to play when at the beach at Emerald Isle, Swannsboro, Cape Carteret or Salter Path.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The staff is very rude.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been golfing at Starhill with my fiance a few times, and every time we have golfed here the guy in the clubhouse is extremely rude and makes us feel like we aren't welcome. Worst customer service we have EVER had to deal with anywhere in the U.S.! The course is nice, but the clubhouse guy needs to work on his people skills. We refused to play the last time we went after the way he was talking to us & went to a nearby course where the workers were much more friendly and welcoming.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank tld1122
Cape Carteret, North Carolina, United States
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good course 27 holes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've played this course for 35 years. Maintenance is first class. Excellent for gofers of average ability.

Visited March 2013