Concierge Vila Castelo is a classy resort. We stayed in a 3-bed townhouse and the quality of the accommodation was excellent. The properties are privately owned and have slightly different furnishings. Make sure you have access to the lovely pool - not all do. There was lots of space in the rooms, good a/c, a great kitchen and a lovely view from the balcony. The staff in the resort were very helpful with lots of great tips on places to visit and eat out. The resort is well positioned equi-distant from a lovely beach - Praia Grande with lots for the kids to do and the town of Ferragudo which is a quaint and quiet town with some nice restaurants. Nearby you have the bigger town of Portimao with it's lovely marina and the other way Carvoeiro. In between are some wonderful beaches such as Caneiros with an amazing restaurant - Rei des Prais - overlooking the beach - it was stunning! Unfortunately, they are currently building alongside the resort which resulted in quite a lot of noise and incessant 'beeping' from earthmovers from 8am or earlier most days - a shame in what was otherwise a great family holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Castelo is a beach front development with a unique collection of traditional HOLIDAY HOMES. All houses are south facing and enjoy from their balconies beach/sea and a medieval castle views. The location is superb on the south side to a very picturesque fishing village,Ferragudo, in the central Algarve with its micro climate. We are a short stroll to the beach of Angrinha and Praia Grande, via some steps with its children playground, a volleyball/football area/beach sun beds and umbrellas and many great snack bars/restaurants open all year round with live music. Many summer sports/musical events on Praia Grande and the village main square. A host of excellent national/international cuisine restaurants. many amenities within walking distance and book/ask advise at our RECEPTION for restaurants/slide park/zoo-marine/tours/tennis/Golf courses/events/dolphin/fishing/boating activities/trekking/nature walks all accessible.We provide during JULY and AUGUST FREE ACTIVITIES for adults-children at our pool area inquiry at pool snack bar/reception before/when you check in !!!! Open MONDAY to Friday in the winter and EVERYDAY in the SUMMER....Corporate/groups ask us and we can organize all for You ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Vila Castelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Castelo Hotel Ferragudo
- Vila Castelo Ferragudo, Portugal - Algarve