Went away with my girlfriend for a week during August. Having been sceptical before I went, I was soon proven wrong. The room on arrival was all neat, clean, tidy and huge! The fact that it had two floors was amazing. It was kitted out with a big bedroom, lovely modern en-suites, lounge area with TV & sofa, dining area and kitchen. It also had a lovely balcony upstairs, with a patio/garden area downstairs - which was a great area to sit in the sun but still maintain a bit of privacy! The pool was really nice. Lovely and cool and great for a dip when overheating from sunbathing. Pool bar was great. All your basic needs ie. drinks/snacks/lunch was all available throughout the day! The food was exquisite - you must try the garlic flambé prawns if you're into seafood! The owners, Alice and Sergio, were lovely, providing an all you can eat BBQ one night for a really small price. Considering the quality of the meat, it really was a bargain.
To sum it up, I often want to try somewhere new every year but I would re-visit vila castelo without hesitation - it was that good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Castelo is a beach front development with a unique collection of traditional HOLIDAY HOMES. All houses are south facing and enjoy from their balconies beach/sea and a medieval castle views. The location is superb on the south side to a very picturesque fishing village,Ferragudo, in the central Algarve with its micro climate. We are a short stroll to the beach of Angrinha and Praia Grande, via some steps with its children playground, a volleyball/football area/beach sun beds and umbrellas and many great snack bars/restaurants open all year round with live music. Many summer sports/musical events on Praia Grande and the village main square. A host of excellent national/international cuisine restaurants. many amenities within walking distance and book/ask advise at our RECEPTION for restaurants/slide park/zoo-marine/tours/tennis/Golf courses/events/dolphin/fishing/boating activities/trekking/nature walks all accessible.We provide during JULY and AUGUST FREE ACTIVITIES for adults-children at our pool area inquiry at pool snack bar/reception before/when you check in !!!! Open MONDAY to Friday in the winter and EVERYDAY in the SUMMER....Corporate/groups ask us and we can organize all for You ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Vila Castelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Castelo Hotel Ferragudo
- Vila Castelo Ferragudo, Portugal - Algarve