“Great atmosphere and fantastic fish”
Review of A Ria

A Ria
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Ferragudo
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Ria is situated in Ferragudo along the quay side before the local market off the main square. Ferragudo is one of the most picturesque fishing villages in Portugal. A Ria is a small restaurant which compliment Ferragudo specializing in local Algarvean cuisine such as Cataplana & Monk fish rice, cuttlefish and clams is the specialty of the house. Your visit to Ferragudo and A Ria would not be complete with out tasting fresh fish grilled across the road, served with potatoes and salad but will be happy to provide home made chips and fresh vegetable if preferred. The menu caters for everyone with some excellent steak options and a small children's menu. A Ria prepares all the dishes at the time of order ensuring each dish is fresh NB.this can cause some delays in the height of the summer when the restaurant is full, you can take this time to relax and enjoy a drink or a bottle of good quality Portuguese wine. WiFi is now available. A Ria is currently closed on Mondays. To guarantee your table reservations are excepted.
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We booked this Resturante on previous Trip Advisor reviews and were certainly not disappointed. I had monkfish medallions with large prawns on our 2 visits. My husband had Steak on the first visit and the Monkfish with prawns the second. All meals were really good and we would certainly recommend A Ria. This is primarily a fish Restaurant which is bbq across the road. The family are very friendly and all came to speak to you during the evening. My husband had dropped his watch on the 1st visit and we would like to thank the people on the next table for giving it to the staff. We collected it on our second visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I would recommend booking as we only just managed to get a table everyone else who arrived after us without a booking was turned away. The service was excellent and the fish was to die for, I would strongly recommend this restaurant especially as it was very reasonably priced for the quality of the food.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I didn't think it was possible to have a tough fillet steak! The fillet steak I had at A Ria was so tough, more like rump steak but worse. Maybe they buy cheap cuts of poor quality meat? The steak hadn't been rested either, so there was a lot of blood which was mixing into the sauce (completely over sauced by the way). Chips were OK. The vegetables were however cooked to perfection.
When the waitress asked if everything was OK with the meals, I mentioned that the steak was tough for a fillet steak and I felt like I'd been told off. My comment wasn't appreciated and it affected the rest of the evening.
The fish looked good, but sorrry i wouldn't eat here again.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely small restaurant. The family and their staff are busy but attentive.
Excellent food. Mostly fish but a reasonable selection of meat too.
Save space for pudding. The "dessert selection for 2 " is enormous!

1  Thank David G
Reviewed September 20, 2017

A quality family run restaurant specialising in fresh fish and Portuguese dishes. The waiters guided us through the menu and advised us on the steak ,fresh fish and wine options. We passed the site a few times during the day without realising it was a restaurant. But of an evening A Ria is packed full of guests reflecting the high quality food on offer. We ate the fish soup , sardines with lemon. All delicious. For mains we had Fillet steak and two of us shared a plate of freshly caught fish, BBQd nearby and filleted in front of us on the table. If we hadn't viewed the Trip advisor recommendations we would have missed out on experiencing this cost effective little gem. Book in advanced to avoid being one of the many being turned away nightly.