Grassington Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$322
$145
$414
Black Horse Hotel(Grassington)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Red Lion Hotel(Burnsall)
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
The Yorke Arms(Pateley Bridge)
All reviewsmolton brown toiletriesthe ownercomplimentary sherryb beggs benedictfresh milk in the fridgeflat screen tvthe main houseyorkshire breakfastattention to detailon arrivallog firebreakfast was excellentyorkshire daleslittle touchespre dinnerdvd player
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I ve just returned from a 2 night stay at Grassington Lodge. My mother and I went for a relaxing time. The house is beautifully presented and the room was fully equipped ( even down to field glasses on the window sill) it was short of nothing. The staff were welcoming, helpful and polite. We had the full Yorkdhire breakfast which was delicious. The small touches made it perfect. I liked the printed walks on the back of the breakfast menu. We certainly had a relaxing time, and will be back again

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne T
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Again the true 'British spirit' was apparent! Not only did you still come along, despite the dreadful weather forecast (the actual never being as gloomy as the forecast), you embraced the countryside and enjoyed it regardless! Thank you for staying with us and submitting a review.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

​Stayed here during a weekend of snow in late March. Overall everything was fine. In pre-arrival communications the owner was very responsive and helpful.
I was in Room 1. It was very spacious and pleasantly decorated, but unfortunately with the abundance of windows, 2 small radiators and freezing temperatures outside was a bit on the chilly side. My friend staying in Room 9 found a small plug in heater in a cupboard which the manager obligingly carried upstairs. Another small point, no iPod dock in my room although advertised. The house is old, so lack of soundproofing and drafts etc are only to be expected - an unfortunate wind tunnel brings the cooked breakfast smell straight up the stairs and into Room 1 - not a big deal for me - probably not that great if you're a vegetarian! So to conclude - yes, I'd recommend it - but I think the tripadvisor reviews almost set the bar too high - you arrive expecting perfection, and anything less then leads to a mild feeling of disappointment.

1  Thank Loves_to_travelOxon

Thank you for your review and I am sorry you were somewhat disappointed. I am the first to acknowledge that our rave reviews can raise expectations (and, as we all know in human nature, raised expectations mostly disappoint). Room 1 with its abundance of windows is a popular, spacious and airy room but, unfortunately, given the extreme conditions during your stay (in 9 years of being in Grassington I have never known it so bad) the room temperature was affected and for which I can only apologise and hope that the backup radiator helped. Regarding the iPod docking station, unfortunately, this was 'removed' recently by a guest!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Grassington lodge lives up to expectations. Warm, welcoming, great hosts, nothing too much trouble and the nice touches make the difference. Thank you to Diane, Daniel, Nicole and Jonathan who went out of his way to assist us. Although it snowed quite heavily this did not spoil our enjoyment of the snow covered dales. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Again a review from the hardy group who embraced the snowy conditions and still had a great time....thank you! Not only have I passed your thanks to my staff (who are avid readers of these reviews of course) but have also passed your thanks to Jonathan who gave you a lift on his tractor on your long walk back from Kettlewell as the buses were not running! Great fun was had by all, it would seem and thank you all for staying with us.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just spent a long weekend here with 3 other couples and we can only confirm what other people have said about Grassington Lodge. We were greeted by Daniel who offered us parking assistance in the heavy snow and looked after us admirably during our stay.

Nothing was too much trouble for him and his wife Nicole who definitely went the extra mile to look after our every requirement, they are fantastic and deserve special praise.

Fantastic breakfast and all round service, we will definitely return

Geoff & Margaret Rostron

2  Thank bmwconvert

As per my response to an earlier review from a member of your group.....a resounding thank you for coming despite the weather! Dan, Nicole and myself all enjoyed your presence which helped to create the atmosphere which we love to have in the house! The champagne which your group kindly shared with me was also very much appreciated!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Recently stayed here and it was fantastic, Daniel and Nicole are the perfect hosts and a credit to Diane(Owner).
Nothing is too much trouble and the surroundings are fab.
Just wished that in our bathroom there would of been a heated towel rail or radiator .....other than that cannot fault it.
We will hope to go again.

1  Thank Julie A

As part of a group who ventured out to the Dales despite the worst snow storms for 50 years (allegedly) a resounding thank you!!! It was lovely to have such a positive-minded group who didn't change their plans, despite the weather, and seemingly had some adventures which will make the trip even more memorable!
I hope to see you again and thank you for your review.