Ashfield House
Black Horse Hotel(Grassington)
$134
$112
  • Breakfast included
The Old Hall Inn(Grassington)
$111
Travelocity
Forester's Arms(Grassington)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshonesty bargarden suitehome from homeon arrivalthe owneryorkshire daleswarm welcometwo nightsground coffeewedding anniversarybreakfast was excellenthomemade biscuitsthe main squarepleasant staytea trayhome made cakesfantastic weekend
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed on a travel zoo voucher on a sat night. This included afternoon tea, dinner and bed and breakfast. Fantastic location right in the heart of the village. The hotel is more of a bed and breakfast but has a very homely feel. Afternoon tea was good, no sandwiches but homemade scones and apple crumble? but all very tasty. Our room was a "superior room" which was nice but I dont know why it was superior, quite basic but clean and a little dated. The cork flooring on the bathroom floor was a little disconcerting however. There was a lovely wood burning stove in the first reception room but in the bar area, this fire was not working so it was quite cold whilst sat waiting for dinner. Dinner was good, quite basic but homely. Had the lamb that was done in honey, chilli and nuts but couldnt not taste any of that. Mine was quite grisselly but my partners was ok so maybe I was unlucky. Pudding was homemade bread and butter pudding which again was home made, rustic and very nice. Fine dining it wasnt but good homely food. Staff were very attentive and friendly. Breakfast was excellent (although we were given the wrong time and came down 30 minutes early and wasnt allowed into the dining room). Would recommend this place if you like a traditional home from home.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight recently at this hotel and as previously reviewed - it is a real home from home. It was spotlessly clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the food is excellent. I can't say more, as it has already been said!

My only small gripe, and it is small, is that the pillows in our room were a little hard for our requirements.

Room Tip: If I was to go again (and it is a strong possibility) then I would pay a little more for a slightly bigger room.
1  Thank Katie0404
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a thoroughly enjoyable experince with good company, kind and considerate hosts, a clean, comfortable room and superb food. What a pleasure it was. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and we are both planning to return.
After a long winter this was a beacon of light.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Ashfield House in Grassington! The owners Joe and Elizabeth were so very welcoming, the hotel is clean, a little olde worldly maybe but very comfortable. The room was lovely and the bed was one of the best I have slept in . The attention to detail in everything is overwhelming. Fresh coffee and homemade cookies in the room, fresh milk delivered each evening. Joe is certainly a character and all the staff were attentive and caring about our experience.
We were celebrating the anniversary of when we met 20 years ago. Joe and Elizabeth certainly made it a celebration never to be forgotten! I won't spoil it for you other than to say we were made to feel rather special!
The food was cooked to perfection, the service exemplary and breakfast the next morning was scrumptious! I would certainly recommend this hotel. I'd love to return and can't help but wonder what may happen next time! ;-)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am in two minds with this review- do I write verse and chapter, tell you everything and give you as much information as I can or do I simply hold back and go for less is more.

I shall decide on the latter.
Quite frankly I have never stayed anywhere like this before. The owners, Jo and Elizabeth are quite simply superb. They are backed up by exemplary staff who really give 110%.
Please go and stay, you will enjoy all the little surprises and treats, those I do not wish to spoil by writing about.
It's fun, it's friendly and it's fab...

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends