“A lovely place for a relaxed but tasty lunch”
Review of CoffeECO

CoffeECO
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A modern coffee shop in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. Join us by our log fire for properly crafted coffees, an array of loose leaf teas, light lunches, a homemade scone or whatever takes your fancy. We really love coffee, come and say hi if you do too, we're open 7 days all Spring, Summer, Autumn. (closed on Wednesday during some Winter months)
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Love it here. Have had two lovely lunches in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The food is lovely and the teas are amazing. I don't like coffee but can appreciate the delicious smells, I don't even like chips but the chunky chips here are really yummy! The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable and the staff are really friendly and went out of their way to help me.
I loved the teapots so much I returned to buy my own. Will definitely be back again.

1983markj, Owner at CoffeECO, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Hi there,
Thanks so much for leaving us such a glowing review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your visits, and hope the teapot is serving you well at home. See you soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

A****** star atmosphere and food amazing, only down side they don't take card payments this is why I only gave 4 stars instead of 5 stars

Hi NickC1973,
Thanks so much for your good review. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your visit, we're really proud of what we do here so it's good to know when we've got it right. As for the lack of a card machine, I totally agree. I take constructive feedback seriously, and think you've raised a good point. A card processing account is now set up ,and card machine on the way so the next time you visit, you'll be able to pay whichever way you choose instead of trooping out in the cold to the ATM.
Thanks again for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I grew up in Grassington and although I have lived and worked around the world, I still love to come back to this Yorkshire Dales town.

I visited CoffeECO on my birthday this year and had a lovely meal with my parents. The service was excellent, as always, and the food fantastic. One of the great things about CoffeECO is its versatility when it comes to dining. Depending on your circumstances, it is an ideal place to go for coffee and cakes, a warming soup or a full meal.

Hi Little Miss Earth,
Thanks for taking the time out to leave me your thoughts. I'm really glad you enjoyed your birthday visit. make sure you say hi the next time you're in.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were in need of refreshment whilst visiting Grassington and just happen on this lovely little café, the service was brill and the food superb and reasonably priced.
Seemed like a good choice of food on offer, they also have daily specials, well worth a visit.

1983markj, Owner at CoffeECO, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hi Blackjack52,
I've just read your review, its really good to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to write it, its good to know that we're getting it right. I look forward to welcoming you next time you're up in the dales.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

After visiting at a busy time on Boxing Day we were rudely asked to leave. We arrived at a busy time hoping to sit down and have a coffee and lunch but unfortunately the cafe was full, but we were told that we could order to take out. We did this but whilst waiting for the drinks to be made a table became available so we happily sat down with our drinks. After sitting for a few minutes we were very rudely asked to leave by a young member of staff, we were told that there were people waiting for a table and as we had purchased drinks to take away we had to leave. I tried to explain that we were hoping to stay to order lunch and had only took the take away cups as initially there was no space, we were even offered a table by another couple but after being humiliated we left, we have visited the cafe many times before but will not be returning again.

4  Thank Nicola S
1983markj, Owner at CoffeECO, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hi Nicola,
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm disappointed that you didn't enjoy your visit. As you said, there were no tables available at the time that you ordered, and you opted to have the drinks to take-out rather than wait. There were however other customers who had opted for the latter, and had ordered but were waiting for tables to become available, it was at one of these tables that you had sat down.
I'm sure you can understand that from a business perspective, I want to seat every single customer possible, and would never willingly discourage someone from spending their money with me, so believe me when i say that I would much rather have taken a food order from you than asked you to leave.
That said, we had already told the customer that was waiting, that his table just needed a wipe and was then ready, as soon as you sat there, you left my team with a difficult situation.
We are a busy coffee shop, with tables becoming available all the time, as you said, you were offered a different table within seconds, which you declined. I'm not really sure what else we could have done differently.
I understand it is frustrating when you intend on eating somewhere, and they are full, however this is not something which I would want to change, my team work very hard to keep our coffee shop busy, and we turn tables over as quickly as possible.
Tripadvisor is a useful tool for customers to share both positive and negative experiences ,so I am grateful for your feedback, however I would also have liked to see reviews about the many times before that you mention you have visited, to give a balanced view to readers.