“Beautiful Setting, Nice Staff, Mediocre Food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baan Rabiang Nam or River Tree House

Baan Rabiang Nam or River Tree House
Ranked #1 of 717 Restaurants in Nonthaburi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cosy, charming and romantic riverside restaurant in a fantastic natural setting by the Chaopraya river offering a wide menu of delicious thai & seafood dishes at very reasonable prices.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Beautiful Setting, Nice Staff, Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in the area for 3 years now, so I have tried pretty much every riverside restaurant in the area. Baan Rabiang is definitely the prettiest restaurant on this stretch of the river, and it has a very friendly owner and staff.

Unfortunately, both times that I have tried dinner here, it has been pretty lackluster. The best example was the green curry I had a few months ago. I was there with a Thai friend and we were both surprised that they got the base correct, but filled the curry with about 90 percent chunks of beef fat. There are cases where local palates prefer fat in a dish, but nothing like this. It's a shame, too, because so much effort has gone into the surroundings and the decor and to some degree the food itself but I always leave feeling that I would have been better off just ordering a beer.

I will come by and give it another try soon, and alter the review a bit if things improve. It's the kind of restaurant that you really want to like.

Frednonthaburi, General Manager at Baan Rabiang Nam or River Tree House, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your positive comments about our restaurant's cosy atmosphere, natural setting and friendly service. We are however sorry that you did not enjoy the food you ordered, especially the fat in the beef which should have been removed by our cook, sorry for his negligence.
We thank you to be willing to come back, and we do hope that your next experience with our food (220 dishes in the menu) will be as great as for the majority of our customers.
Best regards,
Frederic & Pete

• Korean first
  • Thai first
“BAD EXPERIENCE.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Found this Restaurant nice veiw on the river with good comment from internet.
But truely disappointed since first talk with lady at front who gave me a table. not friendly at all.
I can feel that she may say "take it or you go away!"
Secondly, we ordered 4 or 5 menu, 1st Menu came so fast and I wait for half an houur each.
Next - we were given the table in A/C room but unfortunate they put 15 people (1 cover) in that room too. imagine DRANK / Chout = I did not blem staff but it truns situatuion worst.
Waitress, kind enough to say sorry for slow service cause her colleague was sick.
last - I found double charge item on my bill when I settled.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JessieNguyen1975
Frednonthaburi, Owner at Baan Rabiang Nam or River Tree House, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Sir,

i have just read your negative review about our restaurant and i feel so sorry that you had a bad experience with us.

I would like to sincerely apologize and give you a few explanations :
* we admit that this employee in charge of the reservations and directing the customers to their table is not always smiling and can appear not friendly sometimes, it's unfortunately her style and we have told several times to improve on that particular aspect.
* unfortunately when you arrived at the restaurant, all good tables were already booked, that's why she led you to seat upstairs in the air con room.... After checking with our staff, i have been told that next to you, there was a table of 15 noisy teenagers drinking whisky....so sorry for the disturbance.
* usually we have the reputation to provide customers with good taste food in a fast way, so sorry if you had a few dishes coming slowly to your table.
* the waitress explained me that upon checking the bill, you wondered why some bottles of beverages were inside the bill though you did not open the bottles, and she explained you that we deducted the price of these returned drinks on the front part of the bill....so, these drinks have not been charged to you...we always have had a policy to be honest to customers in all aspects.

Please accept our apologies and be assured that if you decide to come back, you will not be disappointed and will have the same wonderful experience that most of our customers have with us....as you can read in the various reviews here on trip advisor,
Best regards
Frederic & Pete
Vientiane
“A perfect hidden place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Thank you to Baan Rabiang Nam (River Tree House) team for your so warm welcome at anytime.
Living in Vientiane, Laos, it’s always such a huge pleasure for me to visit this lovely cozy place nearby Bangkok and enjoy delicious food in a so friendly atmosphere (the waiters/waitresses are fabulous, always smiling, responsive and efficient on all matters, as well as Fred and Pete of course !).
Take a taxi or even better the express boat from downtown Bangkok and enjoy the sunset on the Chao Phraya River while cruising north to Nonthaburi where the restaurant is located. Then you are ready for a tasty cocktail before enjoying your dinner by the river at affordable cost.
Cannot wait until my next visit to Baan Rabiang Nam…I wish Vientiane could be closer to Bangkok!
Congratulations! Keep on showing us that Bangkok can be so different and charming.
David

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hua Hin, Thailand
“A wonderful venue, with great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We came here for the first time with family who live in Bangkok. We were'nt disappointed, it's a lovely place by the river, and the food was awsome! The service was quick and friendly too. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Bangkok, and try to be there for the beautiful sunset I know they have! It's a little tricky to find but well worth the journey.

Visited August 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Wonderful location, great staff, excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Friends advised us to visit the River Tree House restaurant ... and am I glad that we did! The restaurant is beautiful, with seating along the Chao Phraya river (great sunset), staff is friendly (and speaks good English), and the Thai food is excellent. Not to be missed, if you happen to be in North-Bangkok (Nonthaburi).

• Visited August 2013