“Amazing Wedding Venue”

Kootenay Lakeview Spa Resort & Event Centre
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Balfour
“Amazing Wedding Venue”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We chose the Kootenay Lakeview Lodge for our wedding this July and couldn't be happier with how it went! It is an absolutely beautiful venue and Reg and his staff are awesome.

The lodge itself was great. We stayed in the honeymoon suite which was huge - tons of room for my bridesmaids and myself to get ready in. It had a wonderful huge patio, and then room was very clean. The housekeeping staff was so nice and made a special point of stopping by to make sure we had everything we needed. The other rooms were great as well, the whole lodge was occupied by our friends and family and I believe all were very happy with their lodgings.

Reg was a fantastic wedding coordinator - really helpful and all of his responses to my questions were very prompt. His staff took care of all the set up and decorating and they did it perfectly. The food at the dinner was super delicious as well! I would highly recommend this as a wedding venue!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank devonk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ajax
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The lodge is absolutely beautiful and I wish I had been able to be there longer. I watched the beautiful sunset then the amazing sunrise from my balcony. It was so tranquil and peaceful and a truly magical place. The room was very comfortable and clean, The staff was extremely friendly and took great care of me. I was only there for one short night and had to leave early in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Calgary, AB
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We spent a couple nights here in July 2014 for a wedding. The staff were very friendly and the views were incredible. The facilities are good but you get the feeling that very little has changed in the place in a long time. If you arrive expecting posh, you'll be disappointed but if you're expecting rustic you'll probably be comfortable. The rooms are dated with only the basics and there was no wifi but I was able to get a good cellular signal during my entire stay. We stayed in room 104 which is actually down a level from the parking lot. That really sucked with an infant and stroller. The second floor is level with the parking lot and can be accessed without stairs and would be a much better choice. Room 104 is also the only room on the main floor that doesn't have stairs off the balcony in the back so we had to walk around the entire hotel just to get to the green space that our friends in the neighboring rooms could access with a couple steps. I would ask for any room other than 104 if I was to stay there again. Definitely the least desirable room in the building. Room keys are good old fashioned keys. It's annoying having only one key for two people in a room.

The surroundings are beautiful with lush greens and great views of the lake. With a packed scheduled we didn't get to explore the area as much as I'd like.

The lodge is decent with an acceptable continental breakfast in the morning. I get the feeling they host a lot of weddings as the tents next to the lodge are visible in every photo I've seen of the place. The staff were great for the wedding with some small town charm and good humor. I would encourage other friends to consider the venue.

Room Tip: Avoid room 104 if possible. It's down stairs from the parking lot and the only room on the botto...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2014

A very nice find. The facilities were very clean. Friendly staff, coffee in the room, nice private decks for each room overlooking Kootenay Lake - wonderful therapy! And these is a shared BBQ should you be inclined to just hand out and do your own thing. Close to the Balfour Ferry and the local crafts, bakery, pub and cafes, not to mention about a five minute walk to the golf course. If you are in the area, and its only about 15 minutes from Ainsworth Hot Springs, we feel its THE place to stay.

Room Tip: If you need special arrangements or local information talk to Reg.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom T
Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding there in July and had the best experience! Reg was more than helpful during the planning process through phone calls and emails, and it all came together perfectly once we arrived. Stephanie did a fantastic job decorating the tents and tables and it was great not having to worry about anything once we got there. It's a gorgeous setting and private so it's just guests at the wedding there for the weekend but in a good location that is easy to get to and find.
The view from the rooms is amazing and a great way to wake up the day of your wedding; and the honeymoon suite is huge and was the perfect space for the girls and I to get ready.
The reception went off without a hitch thanks to their attention to detail and experience in hosting weddings; the food was amazing, the set up of the tents was perfect for the guest to mill about around the area and Reg kept the party going with his killer DJ skills. Midnight pizza was a huge hit and a must for weddings as well!
I couldn't have asked for anything better for my wedding day and I would highly, highly recommend having your wedding there! I'm sure we'll be back for weekend trips in the future :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Cara U
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great area, great hotel. If you are looking for a lot of activity and night life, this is probably not the place for you but this is a great relaxing low key place to stay. Beautiful views of the mountains and the lake. Large well equipped room. Basic continental breakfast included. Was not busy season (after the long weekend in Sept.) so did not make reservation. Rate provided was below what I would have paid for online. Very accomodating and personable at check in. Has free mini golf on site. No pool or hot tub. Adjacent to Balfour golf course which is very nice and affordable. Both the golf and hotel are a much better deal than across the lake at Kokanee Springs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BlaneLee
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a beautiful place with an amazing view of the lake. We were there for a wedding. Prior to our arrival, we had many changes, Reg and Stephanie were unbelievably accommodating! They were the best hosts! It was great to finally meet them. Reg is the owner, Inn Keeper, host, organizer and master DJ--thanks for the Pitt Bull!

Room Tip: Choose one with a view of the lake. The rooms are fairly sound proof but if you are sensitive to so...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balfour
Hume Hotel & Spa
Villa Motel
Villa Motel
#8 of 10 in Nelson
Prestige Lakeside Resort

Been to Kootenay Lakeview Spa Resort & Event Centre? Share your experiences!