All reviews welcome drink resort and spa relaxing experience dietary needs caribbean islands cable television pleasure of staying jasmine room margaret thomson toco trinidad bathing marsha poolside port anise
Reviewed December 22, 2015

I stayed here for two nights on a tour of T&T, our first hotel upon arriving in Trinidad and the best of our trip. After a long taxi trip from the airport we were met with smiles, a cooling drink and cold towels to freshen up. We were shown to our spacious comfortable room which had recently been tastefully refurbished. We dined immediately and were looked after by the lovely Donna and Margaret. The food was delicious, home produced Caribbean food by Krista ( owner) and her team. All the meals were the Caribbean on a plate. Krista cooks amazing vegetarian food. Breakfast is equally as good. The Hotel is personable as it only has 11 rooms and staff are very attentive to guests needs. The hotel is extremely tidy and clean. The infinity pool of one of the cleanest I have swam in. The beach is across the small quiet road and is a picture of paradise!
Big thanks to Krista and Shervin for making that delicious birthday cake! These lovely people have a passion for hospitality, nothing is too much trouble for any of them. I only wish I could have stayed longer to explore the area. I hope to return one day.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank globetreka1
Reviewed November 18, 2015 via mobile

The wife and I managed to get away one weekend and booked Anise the day before since we couldn't get flights to Tobago. We were thanking our lucky stars within 10 minutes of arrival at Anise. Very tasty food with unique twists on local favourites, professional and friendly staff that would rival any five star resort in the world, and very well appointed and comfortable rooms. Would definitely be back again!

Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2015

Lovely little secret tucked away in Sans Souci. We visited for my husband's birthday. Krista her husband and staff, Donna and Margaret worked tirelessly and were genuinely attentive to the needs of their guests. It was our first visit but we were made to feel like family. The meals are mouth watering with adequate portions. Krista made us so welcome at the Spa, that even my "spa shy" husband had a sauna. On his birthday we had "private dining" in the "great room" and Donna facilitated us with ease and charm. The rooms were clean and well appointed. All in all an unforgettable stay. Anise Resort and Spa goes on our must return list.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank Marion P
Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and we will definitely be back again!! The staff are very attentive & pleasant (special mention goes out to Ms. Donna and the manager Shervin). The ambience of the resort is very relaxing with soothing music accompanying every meal. The food was great, unique blends of fresh herbs and spices grown right on the grounds. My wife loved the coconut bake and bhaji!!
We enjoyed the beautiful pool, our great room and the very well thought out decor... The drive to and from can be a bit tedious but it's well worth it. Thank you Anise for a great weekend!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carlisle M
Reviewed May 14, 2015

We stayed for 3 nights at the end of April 2015. We had read previously the outstanding reviews and putting it quite simply - they were accurate. The staff have a very attentive and genuinely caring attitude - more of that later. The hotel has an idyllic location perhaps all the better for being a little off the beaten track. The hotel has its "own" soft sand beach/bay which, in itself, is one of the lesser visited turtle beaches. The property is multi-level giving varying views of the beach. The public spaces were kept spotless and tidy. Our room was clean, reasonably spacious and well maintained with a quietish air-conditioning unit. Hotels are often remembered by their staff and the food and here the Anise truly excels. The lovely Margaret and Donna were charming, engaging and attentive, Krysta doing the general management with a deft, classy touch and wonderful smile, well assisted by Shervin. A special mention for Neville the driver/factotum as well. Such a pity we can't remember the others names because they contribute to a happy place to stay. The food is excellent and I referred to their caring attitude earlier. We'd mentioned to Krysta that we could find main food courses heavy going in hot climates - no problem - we were presented with a series of light/starter courses for our dinners (delicious btw). A second caring instance followed a misinformation from the turtle station at Grand Riviere which resulted in our missing of the video presentation and briefing which detracted from our visit to the turtle beach. Word of it got back to the hotel, and as a result we were given a complimentary trip the next night.

All in all, well done Anise. It is a wonderful place. The 5 star reviews are fully justified. I will take to task the one "terrible" review given here on TripAdvisor. I've realised that it is written by a Basil Fawlty imposter and that, (to Brits at least) should be all the perspective needed.

David & Angela Howarth, Westhoughton, UK