All reviews welcome drink resort and spa relaxing experience dietary needs caribbean islands cable television pleasure of staying jasmine room margaret thomson toco trinidad bathing marsha poolside port anise
Reviewed September 17, 2015

Lovely little secret tucked away in Sans Souci. We visited for my husband's birthday. Krista her husband and staff, Donna and Margaret worked tirelessly and were genuinely attentive to the needs of their guests. It was our first visit but we were made to feel like family. The meals are mouth watering with adequate portions. Krista made us so welcome at the Spa, that even my "spa shy" husband had a sauna. On his birthday we had "private dining" in the "great room" and Donna facilitated us with ease and charm. The rooms were clean and well appointed. All in all an unforgettable stay. Anise Resort and Spa goes on our must return list.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank Marion P
Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and we will definitely be back again!! The staff are very attentive & pleasant (special mention goes out to Ms. Donna and the manager Shervin). The ambience of the resort is very relaxing with soothing music accompanying every meal. The food was great, unique blends of fresh herbs and spices grown right on the grounds. My wife loved the coconut bake and bhaji!!
We enjoyed the beautiful pool, our great room and the very well thought out decor... The drive to and from can be a bit tedious but it's well worth it. Thank you Anise for a great weekend!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carlisle M
Reviewed May 14, 2015

We stayed for 3 nights at the end of April 2015. We had read previously the outstanding reviews and putting it quite simply - they were accurate. The staff have a very attentive and genuinely caring attitude - more of that later. The hotel has an idyllic location perhaps all the better for being a little off the beaten track. The hotel has its "own" soft sand beach/bay which, in itself, is one of the lesser visited turtle beaches. The property is multi-level giving varying views of the beach. The public spaces were kept spotless and tidy. Our room was clean, reasonably spacious and well maintained with a quietish air-conditioning unit. Hotels are often remembered by their staff and the food and here the Anise truly excels. The lovely Margaret and Donna were charming, engaging and attentive, Krysta doing the general management with a deft, classy touch and wonderful smile, well assisted by Shervin. A special mention for Neville the driver/factotum as well. Such a pity we can't remember the others names because they contribute to a happy place to stay. The food is excellent and I referred to their caring attitude earlier. We'd mentioned to Krysta that we could find main food courses heavy going in hot climates - no problem - we were presented with a series of light/starter courses for our dinners (delicious btw). A second caring instance followed a misinformation from the turtle station at Grand Riviere which resulted in our missing of the video presentation and briefing which detracted from our visit to the turtle beach. Word of it got back to the hotel, and as a result we were given a complimentary trip the next night.

All in all, well done Anise. It is a wonderful place. The 5 star reviews are fully justified. I will take to task the one "terrible" review given here on TripAdvisor. I've realised that it is written by a Basil Fawlty imposter and that, (to Brits at least) should be all the perspective needed.

David & Angela Howarth, Westhoughton, UK

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank CaptainLees
Reviewed April 14, 2015

I can't speak more highly of the Anise resort - it's a perfect little jewel. The accommodation, furnishings and general maintenance are all superb - there is so much attention to detail. And all the staff are so attentive - we could ask for nothing more, and have been superbly cared for during our stay. Meals are delicious and always freshly prepared. And to top it all I indulged in a facial and pedicure from the excellent beautician so now feel a new woman.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are lovely. The Jasmine room has a door directly onto the first floor veranda which overlooks the sea shore.
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Su K
Reviewed April 7, 2015

We stayed here for Easter, and stayed for 3 nights... I wish it was for the week, its was so relaxing and peaceful, I was blown away by the service of ALL the staff, Margaret , Donna,Christa, Mrs + Mr Thompson, the tall guy with the ''accent'' by the bar , the older gentleman who came out to meet us, the younger female (her name escapes me) their service are all on par! we were greeted with fruit juices and cold towels to cool us after the long drive
The place is well kept and very clean, the food...omg the food........made with herbs picked in their very own garden.....we were treated to both plate service and buffet style dining, the tables were set especially for each guest/family which added that personal touch. I would definitely be returning........there were times when i was not quite ready to eat and this was after the breakfast time / lunch time...and it was noooo problem...they would adjust to accommodate us....there is a round the clock tea table also....
we got clean indoor towels and poolside towels.....our room was cleaned everyday and it was a nice surprise because we never saw anyone in there! lol....there was ''turn down'' in the evening and chocolates were left by our bedside.....if you want rest, relaxation and quiet time......this is definitely the place to be :)

Room Tip: the cardamom room is more away from any ''traffic''
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family