All reviews welcome drink resort and spa relaxing experience dietary needs caribbean islands cable television pleasure of staying jasmine room margaret thomson toco trinidad bathing marsha poolside port anise
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I went to Trinidad for a long earn rest. A friend of mine said that I should go along and visit the Resort that belonged to Mr & Mrs Thompson and managed by their daughter Krista and her husband. When I arrived we were offered a welcoming drink,and a warm greating from Krista & MrsThompson,who later asked us to stay for a buffet lunch,which was fabulous. We had a swim and relaxed by the lovely pool,which over looked the beautiful beach and was offered another drink. The whole atmosphere that was created by the staff was wonderful. I was sorry to leave this out standing,high quality beautiful place. I am sure going to visit again but longer then a day next time so as to soak up the ambiance which was relaxing and had a romantic feel to it. I hope to be back again in Feburary 2013 for much longer then a day! This is such a wonderful place that when I return to England (UK) I am going to tell everyone that I know of the Anise Resort and Spa.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank A_d_e_l_i_n_e652
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Excellent service, warm, friendly staff. Very clean, modern classy bedroom & bathroom. Delicious cuisine. Beautiful accommodation overall. I would recommend to everyone. Simply fabulous. The Thompsons have a wonderful place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RRS38
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was a long overdue letter in reference to adding comments of our weekend stay in August 2012.

First and foremost, the ambiance far exceeded the expectations from the website and photos of previous guests. Your courteous and welcoming service added a lot to what was to follow.

The atmosphere you all created, or should I say, continue to create is very relaxing and laid back....perfect getaway for those who really need to wind down from the daily stresses of life. The room to which were housed was very accommodating and relaxing, it best suited our need to be pampered.......thanks again for the rose petals.

The food was incredible, very tasty dishes, fresh juices, a diverse menu and along with a very courteous and facilitating staff is very commendable. I know now that you can sleep well cause you will not get a call from me at 6am to ask for pancakes again....lol!

Every part of your resort gave off different levels of relaxation and comfort that any guest would enjoy.....but most importantly, the true success God has blessed you with is your service....a big thing that is lacking in Trinidad & Tobago. You carry it to another level and make guests turn to family while on their stay.....keep that up.

Once life is granted, a re-visit to your resort will be indeed a must.

Do take care and thanks again.

D&L.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank J-F-R-L
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had my wedding reception at Anise in June 2011, and haven't been able to stay way for very long since then. The Thompson's did a great job with this hotel. I had many options for our reception, but none matched Anise. On arival for the very first time, the warm greating from Krista & Mrs Thompson blew my family & I away. Together they gave us so many ideas for our wedding reception, from that moment on Krista assisted me with my planning. The ambience is very relaxing, excellent service, food camparable to none, rooms are very comfortable. How could I forget the Staff, Anise couldn't ask for better staff!

They provide an international standard with a local flare. All my family were accomodated at the hotel, the experience was mind blowing. They even made recommendations to accommdate others for the event. There was nothing for me to worry about on the day of our wedding.

Oh the rates, with an all inclusive package like theirs and the quality of food and service you get, no other hotel in Trinidad or Tobago gives you that kind of care and attention. Its very personalised. Food, service, care, staff, of the larger hotel can't compare.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Solanje C
Reviewed June 29, 2012

As French and having lived in Trinidad during two years, I can say that it is hard to find a better place. Staff, food, accomadation, place, everything is perfect. From your arrival to your departure, staff just want to be sure you spend a good time. After several week end there, just an advice : do not hesitate --> go there!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family