Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $1,063.00
More Info
from $1,675.00
More Info
All reviews base camp sleeping bag tent city mt everest yak dung rongbuk monastery ebc trek altitude sickness bucket list once in a lifetime north face day trek bumpy road guest house high altitude clear view tea house
Reviewed April 16, 2012

For me climbing up to Mount Everest Basecamp was a big dream.
Deepak, the owner from Osho World, made it become true in more than perfect way.
Deepak listens to wishes, concerns expectations and makes u a customized offer, without being pushy. In this way he helped me to overcome health problems and made it possible for me to do this beautiful trip, that was amazing! Do it in low season, than it is even better and as the ATM un the way only accepts VISA take enough money with you. If you plan to do any trekking in Nepal, plan it at Osho's World, mail@trekkingtopnepal.com), i am sure you won't regret it.
Kind regards, Sandra

Date of experience: February 2012
15  Thank Sanne2006
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Dont miss to go base camp if you are already at Gorekhshep its certaily worth it! Its about 2 n half hour walk and worth it once ina life time!

Date of experience: January 2012
1  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed March 27, 2012

You must visit once, it is the best place. world's top trekking experience i even had.

Date of experience: March 2012
2  Thank yamadaHelsinki
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The view from the North Base Camp is incredible! We got VERY lucky and got to see the whole mountain exposed while were there. The clouds rolled in very quickly once they started and the mountain was covered just an hour or so after our arrival. It's a rough drive up to the base camp, but completely worth it. We also enjoyed tea in one of the tents and sent some postcards from the post office/post tent there. Not as cold as I expected it to be, pretty warm in the sun actually. Highly recommended!!

Date of experience: June 2011
2  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I visited Nepal awhile ago and am just getting around to writing a review : ) I recently read a book on Nepal, which prompted me to finally write this.

I went with my dad after finishing college - we spent some time in Kathmandu and then hiked the Everest Base Camp trail. We went in May, which was ideal, weather-wise, and flew into Lukla, which I'd also really reccommend (it saves quite a bit of time).
The hiking itself isn't too challenging, though you have to be careful about the altitide. The entire trip, the beauty of the country, the contrasting Hindu / Buddhist cultures, food, temples, everything, was quite an experience.

I'm still in touch with my guide from the trip - he really made the trip fun and comfortable, and I'd highly reccommend him to anyone thinking about visiting Nepal (Dan Tamang from Blue Sky Treks). If you have any questions, I'm reachable at catherinemarie.duffy at gmail.

6  Thank Catherine D