“Family Run Eatery”

Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Markdale
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

When visiting family in the Markdale, Ontario area we eat here on the recommendations from them. Never have had a bad meal here & service is good from friendly staff. We find they serve good portions for what you pay. Has been a local landmark for years in which the locals like plus keep coming back for more!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We try to stop here when we are heading up to see family. Love the food, excellent service. Each table on the fine dining side gets a plate of pickles and olives to start plus garlic bread which is so fantastic for hungry bellies. Excellent meals!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I wasn't expecting a great salad - or soup - we were hungry on the way down Highway 10 from Owen Sound to Toronto and the other choices were the usual french fry trucks along the way, or those plastic wrapped sandwiches from the gas station. Ick. Steven's is a pleasant change from fast food. I think the garden salad I had is one of the freshest i have ever had, and the blue cheese was home-made and excellent.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stopped here for the first time this week.
The service and food were both excellent. The soup was great and home made. It was such a good meal we went back the following week. The steak on a bun was huge and delicious. We have had the pork chops as well as the chicken sandwich. The chicken was hand cut and plentiful. I have read some of the poorer reviews and wonder when they were last there as my experience was nothing short of perfect.

1  Thank Gerald Mr D
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am always reluctant to give an establishment a poor review but in this case I have to. If you see my review from a year ago I was high on this restaurant. I was totally disappointed this time and likely will not go back. The only highlight was the waitress who has been there may years since she was 14. I had the sole and it was soggy, the rice was like it had sat around for a while. The vegetables were properly cooked. The salad was like it was out of a bag. They still haven't replaced the chairs which are heavily stained on the back from dirty hands. My son had a veal cutlet and it was very hard. The only reason I gave the extra star was for the waitress.