“A great restaurant with HUGE portions.”

Steven's Bar-Bq Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Markdale
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was trying to find a higher end restaurant in Durham which is about 20 - 25 minutes away. Steven's BBQ came up several times as being a great place to dine. We were not disappointed.
The decor is a little dated and they could really use some new chairs which are white but lightly stained by peoples hands on the backs. Don't get me wrong - the place is really clean and this single improvement would go miles.
I couldn't believe the quality and size of the portions. I will definitly go back. My cousin ended up taking about half her meal home for another meal. I had ribs and chicken with the sauce for the ribs on the side. What a great idea. Both items were cooked to perfection. I had heard about their desserts but there wasn't a chance we could try one as we were both stuffed.
The service was excellent and I think I tipped about 25% to the girl who said she had with the restaurant many years. She was one of the best waitresses I have had for several years!
I noticed there were Seniors, familys, young aults so it seems to cater to lots of peoples dining needs.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice patio to sit outside. Very friendly staff. Good tasting burger and fries. Excellent homemade tasting soup.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have eaten at Stevens on many occasions in the past and have ALWAYS been well served and well fed. The service is not too rushed and always friendly.This restaurant also serves the Grey Roots Seniors home across the road so we try to eat there at off hours (after 1:00 PM) which is just fine with us.We usually eat here on our way back from vacation in Mexico but today we drove from Owen Sound just to visit this area and have a nice meal. The food is always served hot and there is always lots of food on the plate.A meal for two from the specials list (8 oz steak today) cost $30.00.Coffee and lots of garlic bread were included.Delicious!We found out that there is another Steven's restaurant in Shelburne,Ontario just north of Orangeville,Ontario.Next time we are in that area we will stop in and give it a try.I'm sure we will not be disappointed.
I highly recommend Steven's restaurant-good food at a great price.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook