“Best steak ever!”

Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Clarens
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I know, I know, it's been months since I had my first (and so far, only) Post House steak, but damn it was good! I can't wait for the next one.

It's a three-hour drive from Joburg, but worth it for the steak alone. I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great outdoor "lunch" venue. A place to "bump" into the locals and see friends. The pleasant atmosphere and great food make this restaurant a regular lunch spot. A tea cosy on the Teapot and a warm knee-blanket for those chilly evenings ads warmth to a pleasant time spent on the patio of the Post House. Friendly staff. Great Cakes and Bakes too!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Always make an effort to stop for a meal at this place. Just sitting there enjoying the view of the busy street and the view is something you have to do.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Saw the reviews that the breakfast was good here. Decided to try it when we found most places in Clarens did not open before 9 AM. The food was fine but not spectacular. I had the toast with mince and eggs. Service was fine. Overall, it was a fine breakfast but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had our first meal in Clarens here, did not make a mistake. I had fish and chips, my husband had chicken schnitzel. Good meal, good service, friendly staff.