Free cancellation until 07/27
  • Restaurant
$141
$114
Agoda.com
Knock Out View Clarens(Clarens)(Great Value!)
$41
$40
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $46/night.

$94
$106
Mt Rouge Guest House(Clarens)(Great Value!)
$97
Clarens Eddies(Clarens)(Great Value!)
$37
St Fort Country House(Clarens)(Great Value!)
$59
$51
  • Breakfast included
Ash River Lodge B&B(Clarens)(Great Value!)
$68
Agoda.com
All reviewshorse ridingclay pigeon shootinggolden gatemaluti mountainsperfect settingthe main roadsurrounding mountainshiking trailsa great stayhorseshelenariderscristocampingfarmaccommodationviews
Reviewed July 21, 2017

In 2016 we arrived at the venue and my booking which I confirmed twice not in the book. Luckily it was the start of August so there was not a soul around and we could camp without any issue even tough we had no booking according to them. I was informed hat I did not have a booking even after I showed them the emails and sms as proof.

So, in 2017 I again book; I contacted them on the phone after a month as my 3 emails got no response. I was then asked to phone again in a weeks time as the book is not with them at the moment. I was not offered to be called back, or asked for my number or nothing. I phone back and made my booking, I even received a sms with confirmation.

I then delete the text accidently so I contact them just to confirm the dates as the booking was made a while before.

They then informed me that I have no booking in the book. I was then given the following reasons for the extremely poor service them same reasons i have read in complaints from other writers on Tripadvisor since 2015.

1. They are extremely busy, the phone rings non stop - I can't understand how this could be true on a remote farm in the middle of winter? Furthermore I don't understand how a extremely busy establishment never has the bookings book with them nor writes down any bookings?

2. They are a small Afrikaans business that can't afford a decent back office - Contradicting the first statement

3. I am the only one to which this ever happens too - Made to feel responsible for the same issues recurring in two years. I must also say people staying in a chalet in 2016 that we met there from Sun City had heaps of complaints regarding the meals they where suppose to get.

4. I will be writing a review on TripAdvisor - You are being so rude, that is completely uncalled for. I can tell you that I was extremely polite under the circumstances and never rude.

The best part was that I was never allowed to express my frustration or disappointment, it all seemed to be my fault. I must also say that the owners are extremely rude and do not take responsibility for any of there actions.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank WOLLE101
Reviewed July 12, 2017

I was a little aprehensive at first taking my 10yr old daughter on her first solo horse ride, but Christo and his team made our horse riding adventure a safe and unforgettable experience. The horses are fit and well cared for which made for a safe and pleasant ride. Even though it was 11 July and dead winter, the route was scenic and breathtaking. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

When we first came to Bokpoort about 7-8 years ago, we fell in love with the picturesque settings of a Cowboy Ranch in the mountains. Every experience from horseriding, accommodation, food and friendly service was worth every visit.
When we planned our wedding, we decided that Bokpoort is the perfect setting for what we wanted and with the help of Christo and Helena, we had the most awesome experience ever!! From the moment we changed the backpacker dorm into a chapel to the reception in the dining room, we had the best service anyone could have asked for! We received only praise from every single guest at our wedding and the food was excellent!! Thank you so much Helena!!! Without any doubt, I will recommend Bokpoort for intimate weddings for around 30 guest. You will not be disappointed!! Thank you once again Christo and Helena for all your hard work and efforts that gave us the perfect wedding.!!!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2017

We were a couple of friends who camped at Bokpoort before and after doing a hiking trail. It suited us very well as it is close to Golden Gate and not too far from Clarens either. Although we only got to sleep over for two nights, it was still memorable with the beautiful surroundings and horses grazing. The two nights was enough to make me want to go back for longer with even more friends and enjoy all the different activities that Bokpoort Cowboy Ranch has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

We were helped quickly and efficiently we only spent one night there had to leave early ( did not want to )but it was very cozy and welcoming the wiew was amazing loved the horseback riding wonderful bar and braai area going back next year can't wait for next year . Breakfast was the best I've had in a long time

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family