“Great beer and staff.”
Review of Clarens Brewery

Clarens Brewery
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Clarens
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Spent a good few hours here sat at the bar with friends. There are also tables both inside and out. The bar staff were very friendly and we're happy to chat away about things in general. The finger food was more than adequate to snack on. Nothing special, but they are a micro brewery first and an eatery second! We came back the next day to purchase a crate of mixed bottles. The best brewery that I have visited, so far in South Africa. My preference was the blonde beer.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"friendly staff"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The best local brewed beer ever and the cherry beer is just the best. Yiu have to try the sampeling then decide which one or sis you like best

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The beer tasting is a very good opportunity to taste and decide your favourite beer or cider, and it is very good that there are alcohol free options for the children, too. My personal favourite was the red beer, but also like the cherry cider, and the cherry juice was the best for my kids. Service was quick and professional, we will be back.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just next door to Red Mountain House where we stayed - had one of the platters & sampled the wares (if you're a first-timer, ask to sample the beers before deciding what you want). I was very happy with their stout (I love the dark beers) & my wife liked the blonde. The only one I wasn't too happy with is the weissbeer - and that is personal taste, nothing to do with the beer that they brew. The perfect place for a pint & something to nibble on - just keep in mind they close fairly early (18h00 during the week, a bit later on Friday). Grab a case to take home - you can mix & match to your heart's content.